Getting Several Errors While Trying to Start the Game

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, as soon as I load up my StarMade starter, version 0.1421, launcher version 9, I get this weird message saying:

SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

When I try to launch single player sandbox mode, I get an error saying:

DisconnectException: You have been disconnected from the Server
    (either connection problem or server crash)
    ActualException: EOFException

I don't know what's going on but I have no way to play the game. I was playing it fine an hour ago, exited the game as usual, and when I went to load it back up, this all happened. My internet connection is fine, but I shouldn't even need it to play single player. I was working on a relatively large ship when I left (about 3700 mass), but I can't imagine that would be the issue. It gave me an option to send an error report, but when I press "Send Report and Logs", I then get THIS error:

FtpProtocolExceptionWelcome message:

I have no mods installed, no game files edited, not even a custom skin! Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

QUICK EDIT: I just tried to download the game to a different location to check if it might be the folder I have, but the download link won't work. Could the StarMade authentication servers be down?

Last edited:

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    QUICK EDIT: I just tried to download the game to a different location to check if it might be the folder I have, but the download link won't work. Could the StarMade authentication servers be down?
    I'm unsure on the disconnect error, but here is a manual link to the 0.01421 build to help you check your installation directory.
    http://files.star-made.org/build/starmade-build_20140404_194643.zip let me know if it works for you.

I'll check out the disconnect issue and see if there is a solution.

AndyP is pretty up clued up on the bug lists. He might know a little more about it.

(also deleting your previous thread on this. be sure to use the edit button, it's on the bottom of post boreder :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    lol you've actually inadvertently confirmed what I suspected. My game started working again a couple of hours after the last issue I had, but the same thing happened again a few minutes ago. When I clicked on the link you gave me, the page didn't load, and just like last time none of the downloads on this site are working. As far as I can tell, there's some kind of issue with system that controls starmade's downloads and authentication systems. Someone else just posted the same issue in this forum, except he couldn't connect to multiplayer servers.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    May you please run the Starmade System Checker and post a report?

It looks like some errors on protocols and installed features.
    For now my guess is: you are using a homebrew Linux system with at least a few missing/outdated libs,
    as I have seen similar things happen to a 'rare' Linux version with incomplete support for even basic tcp/ftp features.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm using OS X 10.8.5 with pretty up to date hardware and software alike. The Starmade System Checker doesn't work with Mac, but if there's a Mac equivalent of some kind I'd be happy to post a report. I can also give hardware specs if it helps. Here's a download to a copy of the zipped log reports which may help as well (They're too big for the Upload a File button for some reason): https://www.mediafire.com/?dis0bmqqfjdwbyc

-Cheers!