get rid of the grid

Reaction score
    I appologize if my first post here seems to be less constructive, but I noticed some grafical changes comming with the last updates regarding the texture/ the outlines of single blocks:
    Since then all constructions are covered with the grid, representing each single block and I couldnt
    follow my usual trend to build smooth and organic surfaces anymore.
    When I look in my girlfriends face I dont see it covered with the grid of her pores or looking at a t-shirt the textile grid. The only company who depands to show such grid are Lego (just my opinion).
    Its a wonderful game youre creating here, so it seems worth to me to mention this aesthetical aspect.
    I hope not to offend someone, but I didnt find any comments regarding this.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Large amounts of visual changes to both textures and shaders have been underway in the past month. What you describe seems to be mip mapping artefacts. These were well documented after the recent patch with multiple bug reports and testers assigned to the issue.

Steps have been taken to resolve them allowing the new update to provide cleaner textures at all distances and reducing the
    Moiré Effect.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This change was unintentional and will be fixed don't worry ^^

Reaction score
    Well, Hull blocks and Andvanced armour are tiled intentionally. Does the problem also occur with standard armour ?

Reaction score
    You are right XyNox, with your assumption I was using only advanced armour and - more depressingly - that this effect dont occur on standard armour (just testing this). Sorry about not noticing this myself. As I can understand that there has to be a visual distinction between the different armourtypes Im nevertheless unhappy to see this grid for the stated reasons. Maybe they should rename this armour to "plated".. shouldnt advanced armour be more cool-looking? It seems I have to live with it (sniff) or use the other armourtypes. Still thank all of you for your replies