Game will start but not past the main menu

Reaction score
    I've been trying for the last 3 days to play Starmade, but I can't get into a game whatsoever! It'll load up and be stuck on this screen 1649888305564.png
    The game isn't FROZEN, as the "Advice" information keeps updating and the star in the center of the logo spins smoothly. It's just not loading the game.
    I've installed the most recent Java version as well as Java 8u311 and restarted my PC several times, reinstalled Starmade 3 times, and given Starmade 16 GB of maximum ram out of my 32 GB to run but to no effect. I just don't know what to do!

I've included all 3 logs as well as these settings screenshots:
    1649889026705.png 1649889033496.png 1649889044121.png
    1649889050010.png
    My GPU is an AMD Radeon RX 5700XT

Attachments

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The log does not contain any errors that indicate such a crash or infinite loading problem.

Reinstalling starmade via Steam does sadly not reset the files properly, as it only removed the base files (that were created before the first start) and ignore the files that starmade itself created).
    So after deleting starmade, you may want to remove the remaining files in the directory.

After this step, it should run, if not, please attach a new logstarmade.0.log from the new installation.
    - Andy

Reactions: TheFlerffyBurr
    Reaction score
    The log does not contain any errors that indicate such a crash or infinite loading problem.

Reinstalling starmade via Steam does sadly not reset the files properly, as it only removed the base files (that were created before the first start) and ignore the files that starmade itself created).
    So after deleting starmade, you may want to remove the remaining files in the directory.

After this step, it should run, if not, please attach a new logstarmade.0.log from the new installation.
    - Andy
    Okay I'll give that a shot

Reaction score

- Andy
    No effect, it has the same issue.

Attachments

Reaction score
    Do you have any controllers plugged in or controller emulating software/drivers installed?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    No effect, it has the same issue.
    Could you try to move to a different installation directory?
    (Still looks like one of the files or the universe is possibly broken, but no real solid error that indicates it.)

Do you have any controllers plugged in or controller emulating software/drivers installed?
    Yeah, that could be a trail, do you have any special hardware attached (ambient lights?) that could to some extend mess with the startup process and try to attach to the game in some way?

- Andy