game MATH

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I just found the game and as I always do, I began deconstructing the game in math, it brings me much joy, but I am verry confused, first question:

1. I assumed the game world is structured in cubical "sectors", but then how is it possible for planets to orbit stars, do they change the sector they are in or does the whole sector travel in a circle?, a square?

2. What does the second power requirement of shields stand for, that's a number at least 10 times what I find reasonable to put on my ship, but it doesn't actually drain that, i haven't tested it, but it seems it drains the first e/s number(energy/second?)

3.What's up with the numbers on the AMC?, I get "damage" but is reload speed in ms? also, at 25% 1 AMC block does 25.3 damage and at 100% it does 50.6 that's double, how does that math work...?

4. i should probably put this on suggestions but the power distribution arrows should get a shortcut, either let me type in a value or let them increase or dec while I hold the click(I found that holding the click and wiggling the pointer kind of works...)

To end the post i wanted to say, all the respect to schema for working on this game and the main feature I like is the awsome shield effects, seeng them gives me nerd chills.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    1. They\'re fixed in a single sector. Saying they orbit stars is like saying your glass orbits your plate on the dinner table. You can kinda see where they\'re coming from but it\'s not really the same.

2. That\'s the recharge rate, when your shields go down a bit it takes that much to recharge

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    3. Reload speed is listed in milliseconds. 500 Reload is two rounds a second, 250 is four, 125 is eight, etc. On an unmodified 25/25/25/25 Antimatter Cannon the damage formula is:
    Damage = 25.3*[# of Cannon Blocks]^0.5
    So if you redistribute all 100 points of a single cannon block to damage it will deal 50.6 damage per hit, the same as having four blocks at the standard 25/25/25/25.

If you\'re curious about the game\'s math then here\'s a few things I\'ve learned so far in my own ship building:

Energy Storage:
    20,000+[# of Power Tanks]^1.75
    Shield Regen:
    [# of Shield Dispersers]*2
    Shield Capacity:
    905*[# of Shield Dispersers]^0.5
    Energy Consumption:
    Cloak = 1,000 E/s per 1.0 Mass
    Jammer = 500 E/s per 1.0 Mass
    Thruster = 32 E/s per 1.0 Thrust
    Shield = 1 E/s per 1.0 Regen

Reaction score
    I did some math on the AMC damage and i think the formular is as following:

25.3 * round_up([power]*4*[# of blocks])^0.5

where [power] is element of the interval (0, 1]. If you reduce the power to 0 you get 1 damage (while the formular would predict 0 damage)

if you don\'t chance power distribution this becomes

25.3 * [# of blocks]^0.5

i tried to do the math for distance, reload and speed too but the formulars seem to be more complex than this one. If i had to guess i\'d try something like:

x_offset + x_coefficient * (round_up[power*4*[# of blocks])^x_exponent

where x_ are constant values to determine by interpolation and x_exponent is element of the interval (0,1)

in addtion the shape of the weapon has NO impact on the values. It depends only on the amount of blocks connected.

PS: i\'d be happy if someone would validate the formular for AMC damage and give me feedback if it was correct.