Game kills itself soon after startup

Reaction score
    Hello, eversince the beta launcher updated my game's performance has died.

The game will start-up fine, on the main menu screen it'll run properly for a little while until the resolution seems to change. After that my game's performance drops and it will crash within minutes.

I hope you guys will be so kind as to help me out, I'll include the logs here

Attachments

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    sounds kinda similar to what I am having, except my preformance is always bad XD

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    What are your machine specs and what version of the beta launcher do you have? x86 or x64?

Reaction score
    This is also happening to me.
    Previous version was running fine. The settings are unchanged, so this could have only been caused by the update.

At first the game runs smoothly, but as time goes the framerate slowly goes down, until the game freezes completely. The speed at which FPS deteriorates seems to depend on how much stuff is around. I found that working inside a base in buildmode causes this pretty quickly, within a few minutes.

Brief System specs:

Win7 x64
    8Gb RAM
    Intel Core i5-4690 , 3.5 GHz
    GeForce GTS 450

Reaction score
    I am using the Win32 64x version fo the beta launcher

Win10 x64
    8GB Ram
    Intel Core I5-3470 3,2GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6450

I realise this is a low spec machine, but Starmade used to run fine up until now with a smooth 60 all 'round

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a similar issue. Whenever I launch, the game starts up as normal. It plays the animation where the camera is circling the area where you are about to spawn. However, when I click Spawn, the game immediately crashes. I am running on a MacBook Pro. I have run StarMade for years with no issue and decent performance. I am in the process of updating Java now.
    Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 1.51.52 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 1.52.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 1.52.17 PM.png

Reaction score
    • Tester
    aviator172 ... differnet problem in your case

open the settings.cfg with a text editor
    search for these lines (likely at the end of the file) and change them into this

PLAY_INTRO = false //Play Intro

TUTORIAL_PLAY_INTRO = false

this disables the video playback and you should be able to play again

Mac only problem : ⚓ T1551 Video Crash for Mac Not Fixed

Reaction score
    It works again! oh my god, thank you. I can't believe the problem was such a little tiny thing!

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Nidejo .. thats weird ... it should not have stopped working on Win10 for that video reason . are you able to provide a logile of one of those crashes before it did work ?