Game is unstable

Reaction score
    Randomly, and for no apparent reason, Starmade has decided that it will start up fine, but then just randomly crash within about 2 minutes.

Nothing has changed, no settings, no drivers, nothing. It worked this morning and now it just refuses to run and I cannot fathom why. I've even reinstalled it TWICE now...

Reaction score
    Did you try turning it off and back on again?

(But seriously though. Computer off/on again)

Also, try earlier versions if necessary. And post a log if you can. I can't make enough sense out of logs to help you, but there are people who can. Especially if you head down to the "Support" section of the forums.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Anything to do with:
    NVIDIA's latest driver (378.49) breaks StarMade. Please rollback to the previous version. See here!

Reaction score
    I don't use Nvidia, but I did manage to get up and running again!
    (Uninstalled one more time, manually deleted all the old worlds and blueprints *saving those I need in another file*)
    And... Restarting the computer again. Lol. Just in case.
    Seems to be working fine now?

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Welcome to Alpha, bugs and instability are the name of the game.

There is a support forum however, if you can provide all the details there, it might help them identify the problem and fix it.

From the sound of it though, it sounds like a file corrupted on you, and the game crashed every time it tried to read that file.

Reactions: Stormraven