Game freezes befor i can do anything

Reaction score
    hello,

since yesterday i am experiencing a strange issue and i hope you might give me some ideas what i can also try to fix it.

Currently i am unable to connect with my account to a specific multiplayer server.
    As soon as the game has finished loading and i see the spawn button, the game freezes in fullscreen mode.
    When i log in in windowed mode the window just closes.

So i initiated the following steps to try to figure out what is going wrong:
    I started the game in singleplayer and it works perfectly.
    I did a clean new installation of Starmade to make sure my installation is not corrupted.
    I logged in on the server with a different account. Strangely that did work.

So i was guessing that there is an issue with my account on that server.
    As i know the people hosting the server i asked them if they could do sonething there.
    We tried to remove the both entity files from the server-database folder (placer and playerstats) while the server was down to see if we can at least reset my charakter.
    That still does not work.
    Did we miss something or is there another way to "reset" or repair a specific player charakter.

Reaction score
    It is possible that the sector is corrupted. Anyway, you should ask the server administrators, they have access to the logs. Those should indicate what is wrong. Your logs may be helpful, too.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    hello,

since yesterday i am experiencing a strange issue and i hope you might give me some ideas what i can also try to fix it.

Currently i am unable to connect with my account to a specific multiplayer server.
    As soon as the game has finished loading and i see the spawn button, the game freezes in fullscreen mode.
    When i log in in windowed mode the window just closes.

So i initiated the following steps to try to figure out what is going wrong:
    I started the game in singleplayer and it works perfectly.
    I did a clean new installation of Starmade to make sure my installation is not corrupted.
    I logged in on the server with a different account. Strangely that did work.

So i was guessing that there is an issue with my account on that server.
    As i know the people hosting the server i asked them if they could do sonething there.
    We tried to remove the both entity files from the server-database folder (placer and playerstats) while the server was down to see if we can at least reset my charakter.
    That still does not work.
    Did we miss something or is there another way to "reset" or repair a specific player charakter.
    The account shouldn't be a problem,the game files were corupted.Mor info about coruptade files here even if it deos not say abything about server the bug can affect the conection to the servers:

http://starmadedock.net/threads/game-not-updating-starting-bug.1874/#post-26543
    http://bugs.star-made.org/projects/starmade-game/wiki/Predictable_game_state

Because you sovled the problem you do not really need those links but in case of that bug re-apears and you can not solve the bug you should try thos links ;)

Reaction score
    Well i would not call it a fix... wore of a workaround.
    But i really would want to know a way to toally reset my previous character.
    Playing with a new name is working, but i really would like to have my original name back.

Reaction score
    Ok.
    We could now fix it. It seems that this was caused by an corrupted Java Installation.
    Reinstalling Java fixed it and i can now log in with my normal account again.