game crashes when selecting any computer in build mode

Reaction score
    Since logging in after the update I have been unable to play. Upon entering any ship, going into build mode and attempting to select any computer by pressing "C" my game crashes and I get gl_invalid_operation.

I have uninstalled Starmade, ran a scan and found compression bombs in a registry scan that was inside the steamapps folder that came into my system during the update.

I have fixed that issue, then reinstalled the game and ran update. Same problem. No matter if I go into SP or multiplayer, each time i select a computer my game crashes. The only settings I changed this time was max segments down to 250 and lighting quality down to 16. I don't run a high perfomance system but my game ran fine prior to the update.

I switched to an older version and all worked fine. So something to do with new update.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date (don't use the Windows hardware thing, download from the vendor's website).

What's the OS, what's the graphics card? Can you provide a log?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    you may try the downloader from this page to install the game into a new folder and run the new version from there. to see if it is a steam problem.
    the games log file might be helpful here. you will find those in the logs folder of starmade ... where ever steam is going to place that i do not know. produce the crash and take the log.txt.x with the latest timestamp.
    and OS,PC hardware as info would be nice. and upload the graficinfo from the log folder maybe.

Reaction score
    ok, i will get that info here shortly. It's a laptop. AMD Turion II P540 dual core 2.4ghz processor, 4gb ram, 64bit windows 7 ultimate. Graphics is AMD M880G w/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 with 320MB adapter ram.

I downloaded the game from the site here.....and no crash. No glitch. No problems. Heck, even runs slightly better. Not sure whats up with that.....As far as thru steam I will try to locate logs and recreate the problem so as to help with still finding out what the issue is when going thru steam.

Reaction score
    Well now since the hotfix even the game being downloaded from this site makes no difference. Select a computer to pair modules, game crashes with GL_INVALID_OPERATION. I will include the log for graphic info but which other logs do you need? Please help to fix this issue, its really making me lose interest and this is a very awesome game. I have attached logs that i think are what you need and are from within 1-2 minutes of eachother.

Attachments

Last edited: