Bug Game crashes at 100% loaded

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Simple as that. Screenshot here shows the physical error:

Log:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KFhCFJdXotOlKAkSQ8EPRV-yp5myDaRgknAzD3LVHVM/edit?usp=sharing

I've already tried lowering the settings, changing resolutions, etc. etc., my graphics card IS up to date, and is an "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400" that is up to date. I am running Starmade version 0.19401 build 20150820_221933. Running windows 8.1.

Before this update I could run the game just fine in windowed mode at 1920x1080 resolution.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440452224,1440450522][/DOUBLEPOST]aljo found the fix!

Download and replace these two files in StarMade/StarMade/data/shader/cube/quads13/

http://files.star-made.org/build/de...60440/data/shader/cube/quads13/cubeTArray.fsh
    http://files.star-made.org/build/de..._160440/data/shader/cube/quads13/cube-3rd.vsh

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    We got news on this.

we implemented an attempt to fix that issue in our development builds, may you try them if they work for you?

Open the Installation settings:

Now go in this submenu:

Now adjust the "Build Branch" to
    DEV

and hit "OK", now let it install the latest development build by clicking on:

"Update and install latest version"

After download in a few files, try starting the game, it "should" work now.

However, we hope this fixes the changed requirements that seem to be caused by the compiler itself.

- Andy

SzQ

Reaction score
    Downloaded files from CapitanTaz links and it work, it seems to be from dev build so i guess it same as AndyP way.
    Thanks.

Reaction score
    We got news on this.

we implemented an attempt to fix that issue in our development builds, may you try them if they work for you?

Open the Installation settings:

Now go in this submenu:

Now adjust the "Build Branch" to
    DEV

and hit "OK", now let it install the latest development build by clicking on:

"Update and install latest version"

After download in a few files, try starting the game, it "should" work now.

However, we hope this fixes the changed requirements that seem to be caused by the compiler itself.

- Andy
    I tried this fix and it didn't seem to make a change. It just gave me the same error as CaptainTaz .

I also tried CaptainTaz's fix but that just gave me the same error yet again.

SzQ

Reaction score
    Hello

I have to remind myself. I have same problem as before.
    Using those old files allow me to launch game but all blocks are grey from their front and back side.
    I updated my drivers. Could i get those 2 files updated?

SzQ

Reaction score
    Sorry for double posting. I would like to know the answer if getting those files fixed is possible or not.
    No offence will give or taken i just want to know if i should forget Starmade until i buy new machine.

Maybe somebody could give instructions what to edit in them since both of them are possible to modify in text editors.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sorry for double posting. I would like to know the answer if getting those files fixed is possible or not.
    No offence will give or taken i just want to know if i should forget Starmade until i buy new machine.

Maybe somebody could give instructions what to edit in them since both of them are possible to modify in text editors.
    Mate, this is for an older version, which does not apply anymore.

SzQ

Reaction score
    That's why i am asking for help. Files are outdated but this problem is live. I get this after every update:
    Replacing those 2 files with these that helped first time let me launch game but every block is grey on front and backside.
    Anyway, i will try to fix it myself.