Galxor's Texture Pack >Update 20/9/13<

Reaction score
    Hello Starmade fans!

Hope this post is in the right place!

Played Starmade after years of Minecraft and haven't touched MC since.

After spending 99% of the playtime building stuff, I decided I wanted to make Starmade look more gritty and slightly more realistic.

This pack Is heavily inspired by the look of halo's UNSC, and im thinking i may make a 'vanilla' pack, and a 'halo' pack (AI core has cortana's mug on it, purple/blue hulls have covenant hexagon texture, etc.

A quick note: DO NOT modify my work please. If you have anything you'd like to be changed - post it here.

>>>UPDATE!New Grey hull texture!

>Colour re-work, darkened slightly and more drab/murky.

>Tweaks to yellow and black hulls

>Yellow hull - hazard stripe

>Hardened yellow hull - Hardened yellow hull

>Black hull - Walkway/floor panel

>Hardened black hull - Hardened Black hull

>Plexdoor and plex storage textures tweaked.

v DOWNLOAD v

http://www.mediafire.com/?me2wnlef5z5o2

^ DOWNLOAD ^

Any ideas/comments/crit is appreciate

If you like the texturepack and have any cool screenshots of it on your own ships, please post them! :)

Reaction score
    Thanks. It is \'released\', there is a download link of what I have so far above the textureset picture. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Of course,i didn\'t think of downloading and renaming the picture,you can blame my lack of sleep for that. Anyway,i made 3 screenshots of my current project and i absolutely love the glass textures. The blue hulls,although darker than in kupu\'s texture pack wich i have used all this time,look very good and is more easy on the eye. There is a problem with the glass however. When looking at it from inside the ship,you can see the starfield.

So far,i\'m quite impressed with what you\'ve done and hope that you will keep working on it.

http://imgur.com/oZ0NExk

http://imgur.com/kiVPUWz

http://imgur.com/xt9qUw6

Reaction score
    Yeah i spent quite a bit of time making sure the hull colours looked how i wanted.

The problem with the glass, do you mean the cockpit? it has the same front texture as glass, however looking through the glass meanas you can see through your ship.

I will update with any additons/change i make. :)

Edit: I dont know wether you noticed, but the hull textures are seamless. that was a headache too but it looks great now i think.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes i did notice and it looks great :) I love me some seamless textures as they do make every larger build look a lot better since you do not have a \"border\" between each block.

Reaction score
    Exaclty. However they way starmade draws its texures is odd, it uses the border around the actual texture as reference colour for when you zoom really far out from blocks, and draws a thin line between the textures (I guess to aviod the odd white lines between textures you used to get in minecraft sometimes) anyway trying to get that to not be too dark or light (ruins the seamlessness) is still wip, so if you notice any collection of blocks with a bold line around them let me know :)

Reaction score
    Technically they are 108x108 (not including the borders,) With the borders it\'s standard 128x128.

Reaction score
    Hey, is there any chance you might include terrain textures? The ships look AWESOME! But all terrain is pink ..

I tried to do it, but mspaint wont do the transparent stuff....

Thanks,
    Rob

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    sorry, im a bit of a noob, but could someone explain to me how to install this? i downloaded the file, and replaced to old terrian file but i get an error and none of the textures load.

also, great work! love the pack!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice work, keep it up, but please dont call it Halo, I dont think you want to be sued :-p.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The UGSC members have been informed about this texture pack and my it looks great! Keep up the great work and we will grab it as soon as we can.

Nice job,

-Com.Lava of the UGSC

Reaction score
    Hello, i wanted to see if some one could help out if they have some free time. Id like to request if some one could add the missing textures from another compatible pack to complete this one. The creator has not been on a while and while im sure he is busy id like to be able to use this texture pack until such time he is able to come back and finish it him self.

Or if some one would be willing to write up a brief tutorial how to do it myself i could give it a shot. I dabble with photoshop, though nothing too fancy, so i might be able to manage something with it. The part i dont understand is the bleed through. I think thats what its called, around the edges.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a good day.

Reaction score
    Hey all,

>I\'m still working on this pack, I had some real life stuff to deal with recently, but that\'s over and it\'s full steam ahead. I\'ll be updating real soon with some terrain :) After that I\'ll make some changes to the UI

>@Emperion its a halo inspired texture pack. I cant get sued for taking inspiration, or making artwork of a universe or franchise. I\'m not selling this pack, its free -so it\'s not commercial.

>@Moultonlava5 Thanks

>@Ruzakai117 Back up the default t000 file, then paste my one in its place.

>@Okamisolaris Like I said in the first post, this is my work, and no one besides me has permission to modify it. (except maybe schema of course :P ) Be patient, the textures themselves will be complete soon enough.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep \'em coming.

Reaction score
    Oh im sorry, but it is great news to see you are back. I cant wait to see more of this done!

Reaction score
    Your texture pack is lovely and I like what you did with the yellow hull. The detail is great and its just all around awesome. My only suggestion would be to make the green into a more Master chief style color. Brown is perfect but I would just love to have that olive green on the chief\'s armor :3 I never use green in starmade cause it\'s so... Green :b Another suggestion would be to make a cat walk texture for cooler looking floors althought I don\'t know where you could fit that one in. I know too many suggestions :( But it is your texture pack so don\'t mind me at all... >.>...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Once you have the terrain textures i will download it instantly :D

Btw could you make the plex doors look like forcefields? That would be super awesome :D

Reaction score
    any chance I could make a personal request for a modified purple haul? I really love the looks of your texture pack and I could try to do it myself but you asked not to modify so, I am asking. The pruple I am looking for is like this and would it be possible to get the yellow light turned into a purple light close to the color of the purple you currently have as the haul color only brighter like the other lights you made? Pretty pretty please very awesome work on this A++++ :)

Reaction score
    >@Okamisolaris -Don\'t be sorry! one of the things i\'d like to archive with this pack is that all of the textures are easily recognisable. (bar a few like the yellow hull) Who makes ships from yellow hull anyway?

>@Grimmcrypt -Thanks! Good suggestion about the green, I shall update that now, before i post the new file. The catwalk/gantry idea I thought of a while back and was tempted to use for glass. It will be included, as an option for glass, or maybe as another block. We\'ll see.

>@An3dy -Terrain (although not finalised,) is included in this update :) You actually read my mind about the forcefield/plexdoor (sorry that the previous texture was so ugly.) However that wont be in this update, i have made a boring plexdoor texture, because people still want to use it for actual doors.

>What does everyone think? Door or forcefield texture for plexdoors?

>@Wade -I like that darker purple, and will be modifying that as i write this for this update :) I want to take this in a sort of gritty direction, but still keep everything bold enough to be recognisable. As for the light, I won\'t be changing that as the block itself gives off yellow light. as much as i want a purple light i can\'t change the texture as it would just look odd.

As always, ideas and constructive crit is welcome! :)