Furnature blocks

Reaction score
    TOO LONG HAVE WE AS PLAYERS USED WEDGES AS CHAIRS! TOO LONG HAVE WE FAILED TO FILL OUR ROOMS WITH BEDS! AND TOO LONG HAVE WE NOT HAD A DESK TO FILL OR STATION OFFICES.

WE NEED FURNATURE BLOCKS!

Reaction score
    Jesus, turn down this guy's mic...I agree with you, but I don't think it's gonna happen. If it is gonna happen, it won't be 'soon' soon but rather, later soon. Oon. N.

Reaction score
    This has been suggested a bunch of times. check out the other threads for our discussions

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Furniture blocks can get quite varied very fast. Such a mod would almost need it's own block ID space. (Yep, I can see a furniture mod having more than a thousand different types of blocks all by itself!)

Reaction score
    We need more than just furniture blocks. Pipes, conduits, holograms, all kinds of decorative objects to obsess over. :p

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Stop the ALL CAPS RAGE please.

I'm going to say no just on the basis that IDs are limited. We've got about 350-400 IDs left. A huge amount of furniture would take up a ton of that.

Half blocks, stairs, and corner stairs for hull, allowing people to build better furniture than we can with wedges? Maybe. But that's still a lot of block IDs.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This has been talked about a *lot* already. It's something most of us hope is in the works, but presumably is very low priority for the Devs. My personal ideas to help increase immersion were as follows:

Bunk (replaces the Undeathinator)
    When occupied, it places the Player in a supine position. Fixes the Player in place relative to a Ship/Station but still allows them to look around. Sets the current re-spawn point for the player.

Chair
    When occupied, it places the Player in a seated position. Fixes the Player in place relative to a Ship/Station but still allows them to look around. Can be linked to the following blocks:
    Ship's Core - Allows remote control of the piloting functions of the Core (i.e. Flight Mode only) making it into a Pilot's Seat.*
    Weapons Computer - Allows remote control of the Weapons Computer, making it a Tactical Station.
    Docking Module - Allows remote control of the Core of any Turret docked to the Docking Module, making it into a Gunner's Chair.

Engineering Console (replaces the Build Block)
    When occupied, it places the Player in a standing position. Fixes the Player in place relative to a Ship/Station and puts them into Build Mode. Can be linked to a Ship's Core and allows remote control of the construction functions of the Core (i.e. Build Mode only).*

*I'm thinking the Ship's Core should not be enterable
    while a linked Chair or Console is already occupied.

All three of these blocks have actual practical purposes as well as aesthetic ones, and should promote the creation of functional interiors and cooperative crew activities at the cost of only 1 more block ID.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    We need more than just furniture blocks. Pipes, conduits, holograms, all kinds of decorative objects to obsess over. :p
    Heck yes we do. This is one thing i can always (and happily) confirm.

I'm not particularly rushing to make a 'bed' or 'coffee table' block... but more decorative blocks will be made in the future.

Reactions: TrainDodger
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm not particularly rushing to make a 'bed' or 'coffee table' block... but more decorative blocks will be made in the future.
    Aww, are we to have no-where to rest our heads after a hard day's building? Will our Bot crews have to sleep standing-up after they've spent a whole day doing the mundane tasks we cannot be bothered to do ourselves? Won't someone please think of the AIs?! ;-)

Reaction score
    I like seeing what players come up with for furnature with the blocks we are allowed so far.
    beds are different tho, they could be spawn points like in minecraft and be fairly simple looking. if we had some thinner blocks like half slabs it'd be easier

one of the things I long for is a better frame for my holoscreens xD. like what if we had a block with a little planet on it, or a few lines of scrambled text and we could mix and match? and then some sort of frame block kinds like the thin light rods but with corner pieces?

and maybe something for the display blocks so the text doesnt go over the side, or just larger/wider ones