FULL crafting tree image/images..

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Honestly, I don't know anymore. I'll be more specific - This is feeling like the Greg tech mod in Minecraft (please correct me if the name is wrong) , where in Vanilla you could simply make...hmm... Yeah : For example, a Iron block, usually made from 9 Iron ingots places on every spot of the grid. But with Greg Tech, you must create a specific machine to make it work out, and also create a way to generate electricity in order to power the machine up. It was made with the sole purpose on making the game harder. I know this is a mild comparison, but that's what I'm feeling from this new crafting system.

It is indeed a good way to attempt the balance in our naturally broken economy (or not, I'm not sure tbh), but the complexity required is worrying, for I dislike being forced to spend days and days studying the system to know how to make it right.
    ...Not everybody likes things like the GregTech mod. Indeed, I dislike most mods that add large amounts of complication (Thaumcraft is a possible exception, but it is relatively simple) and it seems likely that those people are in the majority.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    To be honest, the new crafting system may seem complex, and I will concede that it is a little bit so, but we have been provided recipe references pretty much for free. If you want to make a certain block, pretty much all that you have to do is find it in your RecipeGraphs folder and physically replicate that production chain in-game. ...
    This. This really bothers me.

Ok, not the best start for a neutral post. Let me start again.

So you have a capsule refinery which makes capsules, a micro assembler which creates metal mesh from any 12 ore capsules and crystal circuits from any 12 crystal capsules, and then you have:

The macro assembler

It produces every other block that has been properly been implemented in the game. You just use the FILTER (really handy function, it saves you from having to scroll through what is now more than 500 blocks) to filter the results, select the block you want to get, press OK (green button) and then you will see two things:
    1. It now displays the name and ID of your selected block on the left (Id bit is really helpful).
    2. On the right it there is another button. Press it, and you will see the complete crafting tree in-game for free. Really helpful.
    No need to go to the recipegraph folder, just use the macro assembler to look the recipe up.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This. This really bothers me.

Ok, not the best start for a neutral post. Let me start again.

So you have a capsule refinery which makes capsules, a micro assembler which creates metal mesh from any 12 ore capsules and crystal circuits from any 12 crystal capsules, and then you have:

The macro assembler

It produces every other block that has been properly been implemented in the game. You just use the FILTER (really handy function, it saves you from having to scroll through what is now more than 500 blocks) to filter the results, select the block you want to get, press OK (green button) and then you will see two things:
    1. It now displays the name and ID of your selected block on the left (Id bit is really helpful).
    2. On the right it there is another button. Press it, and you will see the complete crafting tree in-game for free. Really helpful.
    No need to go to the recipegraph folder, just use the macro assembler to look the recipe up.
    Ah! Very true indeed, you make an excellent point. ^.=.^ That detail had totally slipped my mind and I'd simply been using RecipeGraphs. XD Thank you very much for that. :D

Reactions: AsherMaximum
    Reaction score
    I love the crafting System, Being a long time Minecraft player who loves Tech mods this system is Way easy compared to some of the tech mods (GregTech anyone?) but I digress. I'm in the process of converting each Recipe into text and putting into an Excel Database. What this will let you do (hopefully) is Search for the materials you have and see what you can make... I think that some system of that sort in game would be wonderful. I know that StarMade is not minecraft so I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this.

Also is there any news on an Mod API for the game? cause tapping into the Modding community could be a huge boon to the game. (once again look at what Forge has done for Minecraft modding.) once again I know StarMade is not Minecraft but Modders are awesome. I could point to a dozen different games that have a Modding/Creation System in place but we all are Gamers and know all about that.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Starmade doesn't need something like forge (yet). Everything is accessible, and any player who understands how numbers work can already make quite a few radical changes. Starmade hasn't got any need for mods yet, because everything players can think of is already in development one way or the other. I think that most radical mods will appear when most of the features are in the game.
    Just a few things people want but are already confirmed/in development/planned:
    1. A universe overhaul.
    2. FTL.
    3. Creatures.
    4. Better NPCs.
    5. Better AI/coding.
    6. A lot more.

So it just is best to wait.
    But how did we get from crafting images to this again?

Reaction score
    I haven't used the new crafting system, so I'm not sure what goes with what. The image on the news thread is to small. When I blow it up, I can't read it. I'm assuming the power block factory is what powers factories. But when I pull it up in the factory, it doesn't show a recipe for it.

As for the new system, I like it better, with what I've been able to do so far. I tried the old one a while back. I let it go before I made anything, I didn't like it.