Fuel, ALL opinions accepted and wanted!

Reaction score
    Please note that this is all speculation and as ideas roam around through this post they may change, and please no flame wars respect each others opinions.

I have an idea of how to effectively add fuel, I'm not suggesting this to be something that's added soon mind you, I think that the game should develop much more before it's actually added into the game, however here are my ideas on the subject.

Ideas:
    1. The purchasable crewmembers have their own inventory space and can be given fuel canisters, for example, the crewmembers then will refuel your ship so that in the midst of battle you wouldn't have to worry about running out of fuel.

2. An alternate, weaker power source should exist, or at least a volatile power source that acts as a temporary power source in the case where you run out of fuel and need to get the hell out.

3. The choice of having fuel in the game should be optional, and controlled through the config files.

4. Each different type of computer, such as cloaking/radarjamming, and weapons, take up a certain amount of fuel.
    - This could help create specialized ships as a giant multi tasking ship will be an unreliable option if each system ended up consuming too much power for the ship to handle.

5. The way fuel would be refilled would be through a tank type block, of course the more tanks you have the more fuel the ship can hold, however with the crewmembers you won't be required to have too many. Although I can understand why having a lot would also be considered by someone.

6. Planets will have oil that eventually regenerates, maybe a 1% chance each tick to bring back something like a block of fuel?

7. Oil will have to be refined into fuel through a refinery system, some may suggest that destroying these could end up catastrophic yet if you think about it, it wouldn't be viable to destroy refinery systems as it would reduce the amount of fuel you yourself can obtain.

8. The refinery of fuel could also create new jobs within game thus giving the game more purpose.

9. Alternate power sources in the case that you have no more fuel, a weakened form of the current power generators or a volatile power generator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Off Topic Ideas
    What would you guys think of the speed of the ships being scaled to the mass of the ship? More mass slower ship, less mass faster ship.

What would you thinking of a hacking system, such as the one in FTL?

A healing bay would also be nice, what do you guys think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think? What do you find wrong with this? What would you fix to make this better? Please post a comment expressing your ideas and opinions respectfully.

Also, it's late at night for me, and I'm tired, I apologize for any unsound or grammatical mistakes I might have made as I'm too tired to proofread this right now.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Before I start, all of this has been suggested in similar fashion already.
    An alternate, weaker power source should exist, or at least a volatile power source that acts as a temporary power source in the case where you run out of fuel and need to get the hell out.
    I suggest not adding a weaker power source, but instead having the fueled one generating much more power.

The choice of having fuel in the game should be optional, and controlled through the config files.
    That should be obligatory for almost any feature IMO.

Each different type of computer, such as cloaking/radarjamming, and weapons, take up a certain amount of fuel.
    Permenent consumption or only when active? And power consumption or direct fuel consumption?

Planets will have oil that eventually regenerates, maybe a 1% chance each tick to bring back something like a block of fuel?
    A little more detail on how the regeneration should be done would be nice.

Oil will have to be refined into fuel through a refinery system, some may suggest that destroying these could end up catastrophic yet if you think about it, it wouldn't be viable to destroy refinery systems as it would reduce the amount of fuel you yourself can obtain.
    It would be viable to destroy enemy refineries, so...

Alternate power sources in the case that you have no more fuel, a weakened form of the current power generators or a volatile power generator.
    This already is part of 1.

What would you guys think of the speed of the ships being scaled to the mass of the ship? More mass slower ship, less mass faster ship.
    Already suggested, and this already is the case. The damping slows down a ship no matter what, and limits the maximum speed, since the thrusters cannot keep up with it at some point. It is possible though, that this "natural" maximum is above the server's speed limit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    keep the power source we have now but make it produce less power and add the power source that produces more power but needs fuel.
    also make so the power that needs fuel is only active when the ship run out it's power resource and is using more power then produced.

Reaction score
    needing for fuel is a bad idea in sandbox stile games. Players always gona be searching for methods to get automaticaly the fuel because if you don't do this you are gona be the 50% the time of the game searching for more fuel, with is bored and always the same, something like farming in rpgs. I saw people in minecraft with mods covering mountains with solar panels to avoid be the most of the time searching for uranium to feed reactors. Futhermore than unbalanced the game, if you go to a server where the first 25 sectors are all reclaimed by factions, new players are doomed, they wont be able to move.

Reaction score
    A good idea would be to keep the old infinite energy generators, and add as suggested allready a new generator that requires fuel to function, that would probably require for the infinite generators to either be nerfed or for the fueled generators to produce alot more energy than the infinite ones(all depending on the rates of the fuel they would burn) but that rises some problems on a first thought.

-How would one add fuel on one generator, in that case a good solution would be to add yet another block for storing fuel which will automatically be distributed to the generators, and for easier access making their interfaces like the shops would probably be alot better since you can just open the interface, insert the fuel item of your choice and done, and as well having one inventory for each ship instead for each block to make usage easier.

-As for when fuel is to be used. yet another block for energy storage would be good. a secondary energy storage only to start to be used when the primary has been depleted. this way your fuel wont be burned from simply using the most basic functions of your craft.

-A problem that would rise is that the world has a finite amount of resources, that would include any fuel as well(excluding it being sold at shops) so making some sort of matter generator to infinitely produce a low or the lowest quality fuel item at the cost of very/extremely high energy usage(infinite generators could be used for the energy to produce them)

-Now for the Consumption(im kinda new to the game so dont expect anything to your liking) lets say 5 different qualities for fuel items, for this example will be using a temporary name for the fuel item as Fl# with # representing a number from 1 to 5 1 being the lowest quality fuel you can get, lets say you have stored in your fuel storage 100 Fl1 and 40FL3 every 5 seconds it would require fuel up to as much as the amount of generators, so lets say you have 25 generators the system would start using from the lowest quality the way it should work like so:
    (to make it easier for the programmers for start unless they decide to make this in a more fancy way) the system will have allready calculated how many generators exist in the ship and deduct that amount from the lowest tier that actually has some amount of fuel in it, so in this case it would function for 20 seconds using the Fl1 and when depleted the system would detect that Fl1 value is 0 so it will attempt to use the next in line and would notice that Fl2 is also at 0 once again moving on to the next and notices that it's value is higher than 0 so it would then continue normally, for one time at least since after that Fl3 value will reduce to 15, which is lower than the amount of generators. instead of not using it up or reaching a negative value. it would deduct the 15 remaining fuel and produce energy as if it had 15 generators, finally some values,
    Finally, Lets say each Fl1 can produce 150 energy each, so each time the system used the 25FL1's it would produce the equivalent of 3000 energy/sec for the next 5 seconds(at first i was about to say per sec but that was too fast consumption) and with the Fl2 producing for example 200 each and Fl3 an amount of 275 on to Fl4 with 350 and finally Fl5(should be really rare to get) producing 450 or something like that.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Permenent consumption or only when active? And power consumption or direct fuel consumption?
    Only when active. That's more realistic. And less tedious. I would vouch for that.

He was tired, and already asked to not mind his errors. I do hope he corrects some of the stuff soon...

needing for fuel is a bad idea in sandbox stile games. Players always gona be searching for methods to get automaticaly the fuel because if you don't do this you are gona be the 50% the time of the game searching for more fuel, with is bored and always the same, something like farming in rpgs. I saw people in minecraft with mods covering mountains with solar panels to avoid be the most of the time searching for uranium to feed reactors. Futhermore than unbalanced the game, if you go to a server where the first 25 sectors are all reclaimed by factions, new players are doomed, they wont be able to move.
    But, if it were just optional, it would only be beneficial, right?
    Also, I agree with the last bit. However, in the OP was stated fuel should regenerate in some way. Hell, perhaps even on your own planet!

Already suggested, and this already is the case. The damping slows down a ship no matter what, and limits the maximum speed, since the thrusters cannot keep up with it at some point. It is possible though, that this "natural" maximum is above the server's speed limit.
    Linear dampening is something completely different from what he meant. A lower speed limit for larger ships, we are talking about maximum speeds, not acceleration. This would probably be a linear scaling, and can only be counteracted fully by specializing the bigger ships, leaving less room for other stuff. I can completely agree with him here. Currently, capitals behave like fighters, besides their ridiculous turning speed. I'd like their insane velocities to change, but only once FTL is implemented.

As long as fuel stays optional in the config, and ingame, I am completely fine with it.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Currently the damping isn't linear. Instead(from what I've heard) it's a quadratic function.
    "Linear dampening" as stated in those exact words in the config, is the deceleration of a ship, based on air friction, or inertia, along any axis. There is another kind of dampening that slows down the turning speed along rotational axis. I assume with "dampening", you meant both of those.

I did not mean that dampening in general is a linear equation. Currently, it is a curve that intensifies the faster you go, e.g. 50 m/sec slows down slower than 100 m/sec.

Reaction score
    If we are going to have fuel it shouldn't be in the form of everything needs fuel. It should be based off of a nuclear reactor system. Lets say that one power generator takes up about 1 uranium or deuterium every week. So for every week the ship is activated or a player is in it it can last about a week. Now if we had 1000 power generators 1 fuel could last about an hour. For the fuel/power system to work we would need power to scale linearly. Personally I don't want fuel but if we have to have fuel then this is how to do it.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The Problem with "Using this fuel lasts for a week", is that The game only Progresses when the sector is Loaded o -o So basically only when you play on SinglePlayer, and only when there are people around your Base.

As for the concept of adding Fuel, if you removed the BoxDim bonuses of Normal Power regen, and set the fuel-needing engine to produce 30-40 power per block, it would work. The idea of "30-40" per block means that a Bigger group of Reactors can convert the fuel into power faster, and produces more then default standard infinite energy. Kinda like factories; You have the Input and then Blocks that speed up the production. (You have to be careful on how you suggest its set up, since no everyone likes to build an interior, a single block you can set next to the core for input is minimal enough methinks).

As well, it might not be best to have the Fuel continuously being consumed, as that will lead to constant removing the fuel when done, and adding when you are gonna go. Instead have it set so that when Power is needed, the Reactor starts up and then stops when there is no need for more power (Saves a bit of Micro Management).

That "Multiple Tiers of fuel" idea that was posted in here also seems overly complex. It would make more sense to have Various Forms of -Raw- Fuel that can be refined into varying amounts of fuel.
    As for where Fuel could be found, I nominate Asteroids and a New "Ore". Asteroids are set to respawn after a sector has been empty for so long (I think the /populate command also does that), so it guarantees there will always be some laying around.

I like the refinery Idea. It gives me something else I can build in my stations (Which feel so empty currently).

But that is just my 2 cents worth o -o

Reactions: Winterhome

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I don't think fuel should be added at all. It's constant micromanagement, which is something I'd like to avoid. It's one of the main reasons I don't like Minecraft's survival mode anymore, with its food system.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I don't think fuel should be added at all. It's constant micromanagement, which is something I'd like to avoid. It's one of the main reasons I don't like Minecraft's survival mode anymore, with its food system.
    What if, you don't HAVE to use the fuel. It's like, a second system, which gives more energy than the infinite reactors. It would only be used up when a system is active, and some would require more than others.

My idea is, make it an addition, not a requirement.

Reaction score
    I want to give you a heads up, I'm about to go to someones house for a few days, I'll be back some time Monday or Tuesday, and because of that I feel that I don't have enough time to respond to all of the comments at once, which is what I want to do, however I've also come up with a new idea and I would appreciate some opinions on them, also for all those that have commented here, I thank you :D.

New Idea:
    The way I currently understand how power works in a ship is that the amount of power stored by the ship is determined by how many power generators you have, well what if each ship core could hold x amount of power itself, and that that's the power that is used by the entire ship. x is determined by the mass of the ship, the more mass the ship has the more power the overall ship will be able to store, and vis versa (did I spell that right?). We'd still have the normal power generators, however instead of instantly transferring the power into the ship core it takes time, and all the power storage would do is hold extra power just in case all the power generators run out.

Also, just to be clear, the bigger the ship is, the more power it would use through things such as shield, weapons, overdrive, thrusters, etc.

Please tell me what you think of this, and what you think is wrong with this idea.

Thank you :D and sorry again about my lack of response to your comments, when I come back I should be able to respond to all the comments in this thread.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    the amount of power stored by the ship is determined by how many power generators you have
    There are currently 2 different blocks, that affect power: generators and storages.
    vis versa (did I spell that right?)
    You asked, I'll answer: "vice versa" would be correct.
    We'd still have the normal power generators, however instead of instantly transferring the power into the ship core it takes time, and all the power storage would do is hold extra power just in case all the power generators run out.
    I think with the fact, that there are separate blocks for storing power, this already is the case.(Correct me if I'm wrong)
    Also, just to be clear, the bigger the ship is, the more power it would use through things such as shield, weapons, overdrive, thrusters, etc.
    This also is the case.
    Please tell me what you think of this, and what you think is wrong with this idea.
    There is nothing wrong with it IMO, as long as everything is optional.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    In terms of having fuel there are two options as I see it:
    1: Fuel is directly converted into power as needed, if the load for that instant exceeds the power the ship has at that moment.
    2: Fuel is continuously converted into power, effectively boosting regen for a time period dependent on the fuel levels.
    Things that can be configuratable: Types of fuel it can use, limits to instant power (type 1), startup/cooldown times (type 2), explosiveness.

Also, different classes of fuel Curtharv: Having the grades of fuel (F1-F5) is probably a good idea. Given that by the time this feature is added finite inventory would be in place, so the main benefit of F5 is that it would take up the least amount of space. Say F2 can provide 20 times the power/run time per unit than F1, and F3 is also 20 times as dense as F2, and so on. Then 1 F2 fuel can be refined from 25 F1 fuel. You would lose potential energy for your fleet, but you would gain energy that you can stick in your finite tanks on your ships.

I would think that fuel supply beams would be a good idea (could be done by slaving a fuel tank to a powersupply beam). You could stick refueling port blocks on the outside of your ship, link those to either internal fuel tanks or a reactor (which could have its own fuel tanks in addition to internal storage). You could also have fuel drain beams so your refueling drone can top up its tanks off of station tanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    I think the addition of consumable fuel would be a good idea for the future of the game, but it shouldnt be used as the sole means of powering a ship. I would like fuel to be used to power a booster type block that would allow a ship to accelerate past the speed cap. the usage of fuel would be based on the number of booster blocks you have(the number of which would depend on the mass of the ship).

You can also use this fuel power source to power secondary systems on a ship. Advanced radar, interior lighting, or other possible systems that arent required for the ship to move/fight, but add extra functionality.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've thought a lot about fuel. I've seen this conversation before in the early days of MineCraft. Fuel is to a ship what apples and pork-chops are to Steve the miner. In my opinion the release version of StarMade should have a "survival" mode just like MineCraft. That what takes it from just a sandbox to being a real game. The challenge is to creatively employ the resources you can gather and convert them into tools that will keep you safe and well fed while you gather more resources to be safer and better fed...etc.

Without scarcity, it's just a big set of lego blocks. Gather and build until your super-dreadnaught can fend-off all pirate attacks, then go to sleep while it does so.

In survival mode your dreadnaught would run out of energy, and all of its systems would go dark. You will have to play the game (explore, fight or trade) to keep your ship flying.

Fuels:
    Deuterium (mined from planets)
    Sunlight (Non item: Gathered within star systems)
    Oxygen (Gathered from planets)
    Hydrogen (Gathered from interstellar void)
    Carbon (mined from planets or plants)
    Stabilized Antimatter Pods (generated in cyclotron)
    Water

Gatherers/Storage/Reactors:
    Fuel storage tank: works like a chest. holds gaseous and liquid fuels
    Ramscoop: Gathers Hydrogen oxygen and deuterium from void space as you travel. Stores in a linked Fuel Storage tank.
    Solar Array: Generates free e while within a star system. The closer you are to the star, the more e is generated
    Atmospheric Separator: Consumes e. Within a planetary atmosphere, stores Oxygen in a linked fuel storage container.
    Fusion Reactor: Consumes e and Deuterium: Produces much more e
    Antimatter Reactor: Consumes Antimatter. Produces vast amounts of e
    Fuel Cell: Consumes Hydrogen and Oxygen. Produces e and water.
    Cyclotron: Consumes vast amounts of e: Produces Stabilized Antimatter Pods
    Centrifuge: Consumes water and e. Produces deuterium.
    Rocket: Consumes Hydrogen and Oxygen. Produces thrust.
    Power Plant: (harvested from certain planets) Must have light on one side, and dirt on the other. Consumes water. produces e and oxygen

Reaction score
    Liquid fuel is so 21st century. Nuclear is the way...

I think fuel should be added as a limited resource (limited as in it drains, not limited in the world!) in some kind of survival mode, where you could harvest an asteroid for green stuff and make it on the dot. However, I think this is LATE GAME stuff to add, when we've done everything and got a full release.

Maybe add in a solar panel block that can also double as a Logic activator (Think daylight sensor in MC) so it stops you auto-flying into the sun.

Reaction score
    Heads up, I'm new at quoting people so I apologize if I messed something up with the quotes. If I did then please notify me so I can quickly fix any mistakes I potentially made, thank you :D. I am also going to be skipping over a few comments that I feel I've already addressed in one way or another, and I will skip comments in which I feel like is either supporting fuel, or isn't really asking any questions.

I apologize for the long wait of my response to all these comments, can you find it in your hearts to forgive me? :p

Responses
    Each different type of computer, such as cloaking/radarjamming, and weapons, take up a certain amount of fuel.
    I believe that Zeno9141 has answered this, but I was thinking only when active. Power consumption, the way I was thinking about it was that the fuel would be turned into power as the system needed it.

Planets will have oil that eventually regenerates, maybe a 1% chance each tick to bring back something like a block of fuel?
    A little more detail on how the regeneration should be done would be nice.
    The way I was thinking about it was that every second there would be something such as a 1% chance in which, on each planet that is currently loaded or belongs to a faction, some liquid oil would generate in a potential location for oil. I hope that cleaned some things up.

Oil will have to be refined into fuel through a refinery system, some may suggest that destroying these could end up catastrophic yet if you think about it, it wouldn't be viable to destroy refinery systems as it would reduce the amount of fuel you yourself can obtain.
    It would be viable to destroy enemy refineries, so...
    I see what you are saying there, and I've thought about that issue a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that that's not really an issue and would simply be a part of the game, no avoiding it. If you want to stop enemies from destroying your refinery then you would just have to protect your refinery as much as possible or build it somewhere where you don't have things in which you care about, you can also build it on your home planet/space station.

Alternate power sources in the case that you have no more fuel, a weakened form of the current power generators or a volatile power generator.
    As I've said I was tired and I apologize about that, however it's not part of 1, it's part of 2.

As Zeno9141 has suggested, what I meant by this was that the more mass a ship has the lower it's total speed would be, and vice versa for the ships with lower mass.

keep the power source we have now but make it produce less power and add the power source that produces more power but needs fuel.
    also make so the power that needs fuel is only active when the ship run out it's power resource and is using more power then produced.
    My problem with keeping the current power source and adding a new one that requires fuel is that it completely ruins the entire purpose of a fuel based power source, why should someone use fuel when they already have a power source that can create unlimited power?

needing for fuel is a bad idea in sandbox stile games. Players always gona be searching for methods to get automaticaly the fuel because if you don't do this you are gona be the 50% the time of the game searching for more fuel, with is bored and always the same, something like farming in rpgs. I saw people in minecraft with mods covering mountains with solar panels to avoid be the most of the time searching for uranium to feed reactors.
    I can understand your fears, however it's not like there is going to be a limited amount of fuel that never regenerates. And for those who suggest that having a limitless supply of fuel would destroy the purpose of the fuel then I'd have to argue that by suggesting that they would still have to refine the fuel, and then fuel up their ship, this will still take some time and thus having a limitless supply of fuel wouldn't harm much, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Futhermore than unbalanced the game, if you go to a server where the first 25 sectors are all reclaimed by factions, new players are doomed, they wont be able to move.
    By suggesting the first 25 sectors I assume you mean from -25 -25 -25 to 25 25 25, that is about 31250 sectors, of which each have more than one planet, and that is a lot of potential planets to be occupied by factions, I highly doubt that any server will have all these planets filled up at any point of time, and even if they are all filled up, there are still a lot more sectors, and a lot more planets, to be explored, unless the server's host decided to limit the size of the universe to the first 25 sectors (I'm pretty sure that's possible, correct me if I'm wrong please.). Under these understandings I don't see how the game gets unbalanced.

If we are going to have fuel it shouldn't be in the form of everything needs fuel. It should be based off of a nuclear reactor system. Lets say that one power generator takes up about 1 uranium or deuterium every week. So for every week the ship is activated or a player is in it it can last about a week. Now if we had 1000 power generators 1 fuel could last about an hour. For the fuel/power system to work we would need power to scale linearly. Personally I don't want fuel but if we have to have fuel then this is how to do it.
    I have a question for you, is the uranium or deuterium that lasts for a week based on real time or in game time? I hope you are referring to in game time.

As well, it might not be best to have the Fuel continuously being consumed, as that will lead to constant removing the fuel when done, and adding when you are gonna go. Instead have it set so that when Power is needed, the Reactor starts up and then stops when there is no need for more power (Saves a bit of Micro Management).
    There will not be as much micro management as you think, if you don't mind reading number 5 on my list, although some would suggest "What if we can't afford a crewmember, or find one" well, there could also be another automatic fuel loader setup placed into the game. This setup will allow you to chuck fuel into a chest, for example, or some other location, such as a tank, and the system automatically fuels itself. Something along those lines. Of course you will be able to place a lot of fuel into the system to be used as needed, so it wouldn't be like one bucket then come back two seconds later.

As for where Fuel could be found, I nominate Asteroids and a New "Ore". Asteroids are set to respawn after a sector has been empty for so long (I think the /populate command also does that), so it guarantees there will always be some laying around.
    I'd prefer something along the lines of a new liquid instead of ore, just for more realism :D.

But that is just my 2 cents worth o -o
    Thanks for your 2 cents, that's just what I'm looking for!

I should let you know that there wont be as much micromanagement as you can make a lot of things automatic, or at least should be able to. And I don't think that the food system was such a bad idea in Minecraft's survival mode, if you ask me the game was really easy before hand, adding the food system made the game a bit more difficult because if you didn't keep a watch on your food then you could die in battle with a zombie.

What if, you don't HAVE to use the fuel. It's like, a second system, which gives more energy than the infinite reactors. It would only be used up when a system is active, and some would require more than others.

My idea is, make it an addition, not a requirement.
    I see where you're coming with this Zeno9141, however the purpose of fuel is to remove the infinite reactors, or at least reduce their effectiveness from being able to keep a ship at full power 24/7. Please correct me if I misread or misunderstood what you wrote or your intentions behind what you wrote.

vis versa (did I spell that right?)
    You asked, I'll answer: "vice versa" would be correct.
    Thank you for answering my question :D.

We'd still have the normal power generators, however instead of instantly transferring the power into the ship core it takes time, and all the power storage would do is hold extra power just in case all the power generators run out.
    I think with the fact, that there are separate blocks for storing power, this already is the case.(Correct me if I'm wrong)
    What you say might be the case, I'm not sure about that, however if it was working the way I was thinking about it then the ship would be draining of power as it's refueling, depending on how the ship is being run, the power could remain full at all times, or it could run out. For example, if you're flying around without using your overdrive then you are most likely to be using less energy than the ship is being fueled with, however if you're using something that is power draining, such as shields or weapons or both, then your power drains faster than the power generators/power storage blocks can refuel the ship. I might attempt to make a mod using this concept, if I succeed I'll post it a link to the download for the mod and then maybe you can better understand what I'm trying to suggest here.

I think the addition of consumable fuel would be a good idea for the future of the game, but it shouldnt be used as the sole means of powering a ship. I would like fuel to be used to power a booster type block that would allow a ship to accelerate past the speed cap. the usage of fuel would be based on the number of booster blocks you have(the number of which would depend on the mass of the ship).
    The overdrive allows you to increase your speeds past the server/game cap.

Thank you all again for responding to this post, and I'm sorry, once more, for the tardiness of my response.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There will not be as much micro management as you think, if you don't mind reading number 5 on my list, although some would suggest "What if we can't afford a crewmember, or find one" well, there could also be another automatic fuel loader setup placed into the game. This setup will allow you to chuck fuel into a chest, for example, or some other location, such as a tank, and the system automatically fuels itself. Something along those lines. Of course you will be able to place a lot of fuel into the system to be used as needed, so it wouldn't be like one bucket then come back two seconds later.
    The "Micro Management" I was talking about was Min/Max fuel if it was always being consumed (Smart Factions would order all docked ships to be empty of fuel for example, and the subsequent loading when undocking).

I'd prefer something along the lines of a new liquid instead of ore, just for more realism :D.
    I used 'Ore' Loosely really :p Hence the Quotations. Basically just meant a Cluster of Blocks found underneath the surface. I believe it was said that Starmade could not handle fluid mechanics, So you would have to set it to Generate in groups og blocks, Like ores, Leaves or Lava.

Whats more, I nominated Asteroids because they regenerated on their own, you wouldn't have to make the Block come back overtime, since Asteroids will automatically respawn after the sector was unloaded for a period of time.

The idea for Suggestions is to make them as easy as possible to add, and to add them in such a way that promotes a new diversity in building. I suggested Factories + their enhancers to speed up their power generation because it'd be based off an already existing system, and would be easier to modify an existing asset, rather then make a new one. Having an Entity containing the fuel respawn (Like an asteroid) would be easier then trying to make the Block itself grow/expand/regen as well.

If you kept the Old reactors, and made fuel based reactors generate more, The result is the average roaming or patrol ship will use the Infinite power, since they are just casual Ships. Military Ships however, such as a faction's Mainline battle ship, would use the Higher Power giving Fuel reactors, allowing them to Host larger Guns and Shields. Fuel could become a "Military Resource", Needed in order to take part in high Level faction play.
    Whats More, Stealth ships would also use said Fuel because they would allow for Large cloaked ships (Allowing people to make them stylish as well).