FTL is here! It's a StarGate!

Reaction score
    Maybe if there wasn't a hard limit for JumpDrive Modules - and instead, it would build up to that point, for a certain MAXIMUM warp range, but anything below that would have less range.
    I personally prefer a more predictable system where we can more or less estimate "Those two ships are of equal size, they'll jump equally far", simply for reasons of directions of player flow on servers, the galaxy exploration part in general, etc., and I think long-range travel should work mostly through (non-size-limited but mass-limited) gates. But I definitely see your point. It could maybe be made one of the configurable options, so server owners can decide which system they prefer.

takethispie

Titan-class builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    yeah oculus :D
    (even if I don't have one it will be awesome for the people who does ^^ )

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Any screen-shot? (I didn't paid enough taxes to amd/nvidia and now my graphic card hates new features :()

Reaction score
    I loaded up the build earlier and it was cool, I used the jump drives and was happy.. lol.

But I'll wait until its done before I do much more..

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I loaded up the build earlier and it was cool, I used the jump drives and was happy.. lol.

But I'll wait until its done before I do much more..
    My thoughts exactly. Although I'm taking it one step further: I'm not going to use the dev build at all. I feel that it would just ruin the WOW factor.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My thoughts exactly. Although I'm taking it one step further: I'm not going to use the dev build at all. I feel that it would just ruin the WOW factor.
    Yeah, I'm already having to refit one of my ships twice because I jumped the gun with warp drives. Oops.

But you can still build JumpGates pretty easily. Just make sure they can be expanded for extra power and all will be well :)

Reaction score
    I haven't touched the dev build yet, do you have to go through a connected shape to be able to jump?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I haven't touched the dev build yet, do you have to go through a connected shape to be able to jump?
    I think it's only the core which has to go through.

My fat puddle jumper (17x 9y 21z) could use the gate even though only the front (11x 9y 21z) without expanded missile-pods fit through.
    * Positive effect: Could encourage peoples building bigger behind their core, not to build doom-cubes.

Thinking about it, I've got an idea. You could build a ship which has a J-shaped front. Your core is still protected (from most angles) but you can rotate through the gate... have to try it NOW :)

Reaction score
    But you can make blocks see-through with black water :D
    B-b-b-b-black water.
    *looks at schema*
    seriously. black water.
    Well I aint complainin.

*EDIT: black water is far from transparent D:<

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    *EDIT: black water is far from transparent D:<
    It reflects too much, but because the texture is transparent, the block config not, you should be able to see stars through it :D

EDIT @WaffulMann : Even if some blocks are behind it you see the stars. They are cloaker (just too much reflection for really making something cloaked)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    It reflects too much, but because the texture is transparent, the block config not, you should be able to see stars through it :D
    But don't you have to make a "2d loop" out of those ONE HUNDRED PERCENT NON TRANSPARENT GOD DAMN YOU jump gate module blocks?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Will there be any awesome effects in the centre of the warp gate and around the ship when it jump drives/hyperdrive?