FTL is here! It's a StarGate!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    PS the guy who made that Halo ring please add a stargate into that when possible as a refit.....Now that would be worth the lag....
    What? somebody actually ports Halo-Designs into StarMade?

Do you have a link? :)
    EDIT: found it http://starmadedock.net/content/halo-ring.779/

I remember something else when thinking about Halo. An alien weapon platform ring around the moon which has to get exploded in a trial-version mission.

Not a habitat for life.

Reaction score
    I checked the dev build the jump drive has to be 5% of your ships mass as of now.

Reaction score
    So do we have this yet? I have no computer that will play SM so I can't tell.

Calibri, can ya tell us again if Schema is dead or not? Twitter is dead, video channels are (sort-of) dead, no news at all since the 26th of August.
    You asked pretty much the same thing in another thread, didn't you see my answer? :P

If your worried about redesigning your ships to fit jump drive modules. Add jump drive pods to the outside of your ship if your out of room. In most Sci-fi settings that's where they are located anyway.
    Just out of curiosity: Which ones that are not Star Trek?

I checked the dev build the jump drive has to be 5% of your ships mass as of now.
    It has been like this for over a week.

Reactions: flpsantoss

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yes. Hyperdrive is a form of long range FTL travel for larger than usual ships. It's basically what would be defined as a warpdrive.
    But don't be mistaken, if jumpdrives (which can go only about 8 sectors far) already need 1/10th of their ship to be FTL equipment, I assume a hyperdrive would need both massive amounts of power and a huge portion of your ship to work.
    Cool. What I was hoping for is something that lets me fly and walk around my ship and stuff.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm more involved with sci fi RPG then TV. I generally avoid most startrek. Some ship building RPG's usually require hull surface area for jump drives or whatever there using instead. (Traveller most versions for example) Also makes them shootable.

Joy just used the new launcher backed up my titan WIP, over a million mass I would prefer to call it a mobile base. Just tested the jump drive 5% of ship mass, seconds to spool up for me but was draining 20mil e/sec, (the ship is power gen heavy) you jump directly forward max distance. Hold left click to charge on jump computer, Right click to activate. It takes me far longer to turn around, I could jump multiple times while turning 180 degrees.. Top speed is 41m/s so the jump drive is going to be a must. Everything of course subject to change. I notice that you can pre-charge it then leave it which would make escaping almost to easy.

Just as an idea maybe shields being shot to 0, might disable jump drive charging.

Reaction score
    Now that this thread has been Necro'd can I ask how to use the stargate? I built 2 but whenever I use them it says no destination...

Set a destination in my nav, still nope.

The Shroom fleet vid was just a bunch of 'Whoa! Cool stuff guyz! Yeah!' with no info on how to use the gates.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Now that this thread has been Necro'd can I ask how to use the stargate? I built 2 but whenever I use them it says no destination...

The Shroom fleet vid was just a bunch of 'Whoa! Cool stuff guyz! Yeah!' with no info on how to use the gates.
    Step One:
    Find the Marker Beam in your inventory. If you can't find it, use admin commands to give yourself one.

Step Two:
    With the Marker Beam selected, hold down the right mouse button on one of the Stargate's Warp Computers until you see "marked 'gateName'"

Step Three:
    Head on over to the other gate, making sure it's less than 128 sector boundaries from the first. Left-click on the second Warp-Computer until you see "marked 'gateName' as destination".

Step Four (optional):
    Reverse the process to make the gates two way.

Think of it this way: right click to 'grab' the coordinates of a gate, and left click to 'load' those coordinates into a computer. Ironically, a gate can jump to itself right now. ;)

Reaction score

For the record: The video was made directly after gates hit the dev versions. At this time it was only possible to have exactly one (auto linked) gate connection.

Reaction score
    @Mered4 Thank you, I don't know how to give myself a marker beam (none in inventory) but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

@der_scheme Right. That was why I was confused.

Reaction score
    Correction: Chappa'ai ("Stargate" in Goa'uld)

Sorry for the fraction of your precious time consumed reading this pointless reply...[DOUBLEPOST=1414254194,1414254017][/DOUBLEPOST]
    @Mered4 Thank you, I don't know how to give myself a marker beam (none in inventory) but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

@der_scheme Right. That was why I was confused.
    /give_marker_beam_weapon <desiredPlayerName>

Reactions: ToyotaSupra