Frustration creeping in.......

Reaction score
    Hey Guys.

Have come back after an extended leave of absence, and am liking a lot of the changes that have occured over the last 18 months or so.

Am having some issues though, and despite spending most of the day playing with various settings, and searching both the forums and google for a solution....have had no joy.

Problem is this.....when I move outside my build to view how things are coming together, it is not solid. Blocks that should be there, appear not to be. And it changes with my viewing angle, giving a sort of "rippling" effect.
    It is annoying the hell out of me, as with my desktop specs, I do not believe it should be happening.

A10-7850K
    16GB RAM.
    R9-380 4GB(MSI)

This should be ample to play with everything set to pretty much max, yes?

I am using it as a server though, so my young son and I can build together and I can take advantage of the Admin commands. Could this be the cause, even though there is only the 2 of us?

I understand things have moved forward quite a bit, but as slow as it was, my old laptop never gave me issues such as this.

Any advice on settings/config file changes that may help is appreciated.

Cheers
    Coldbeer

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Hey Guys.

Have come back after an extended leave of absence, and am liking a lot of the changes that have occured over the last 18 months or so.

Am having some issues though, and despite spending most of the day playing with various settings, and searching both the forums and google for a solution....have had no joy.

Problem is this.....when I move outside my build to view how things are coming together, it is not solid. Blocks that should be there, appear not to be. And it changes with my viewing angle, giving a sort of "rippling" effect.
    It is annoying the hell out of me, as with my desktop specs, I do not believe it should be happening.

A10-7850K
    16GB RAM.
    R9-380 4GB(MSI)

This should be ample to play with everything set to pretty much max, yes?

I am using it as a server though, so my young son and I can build together and I can take advantage of the Admin commands. Could this be the cause, even though there is only the 2 of us?

I understand things have moved forward quite a bit, but as slow as it was, my old laptop never gave me issues such as this.

Any advice on settings/config file changes that may help is appreciated.

Cheers
    Coldbeer
    Err. You don't mean that you can phase through blocks in build mode do you? Because that's normal.

Reaction score
    Err. You don't mean that you can phase through blocks in build mode do you? Because that's normal.
    No mate.
    Understand thats normal. This is a visual thing. I put myself 100 or so metres out from my ship, and I can see, for example, the crystal blocks I used on the back of my engines through a solid wall of hull blocks. And its not all of it, just seems to be sections, which move as I alter my viewing angle, giving the "rippling" effect that I mentioned

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    No mate.
    Understand thats normal. This is a visual thing. I put myself 100 or so metres out from my ship, and I can see, for example, the crystal blocks I used on the back of my engines through a solid wall of hull blocks. And its not all of it, just seems to be sections, which move as I alter my viewing angle, giving the "rippling" effect that I mentioned
    That's really just a problem with block games in general. Minecraft has this even. I'm not sure how to remedy it in any way though.

Reaction score
    That's really just a problem with block games in general. Minecraft has this even. I'm not sure how to remedy it in any way though.
    Well thats disappointing.

Gunna make it hard to get a decent screen shot.....if half her guts is exposed.......:confused:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well thats disappointing.

Gunna make it hard to get a decent screen shot.....if half her guts is exposed.......:confused:
    I'm referring to the ripple. The unloaded parts just require you to increase max segments.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Cold Beer, I know exactly what you are saying and its been driving me frikkin nuts for some time. It didnt always do that either. Id say it started for me shortly after the rails update. Nothing I have come across seems to fix it unfortunatly.

Reaction score
    Cold Beer, I know exactly what you are saying and its been driving me frikkin nuts for some time. It didnt always do that either. Id say it started for me shortly after the rails update. Nothing I have come across seems to fix it unfortunatly.
    Bugger.....
    Are the team aware of it, as I can find nothing relating to this sort of issue anywhere.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    alright, there's a few things you can do, try toggling the bloom effect, and anti aliasing. report back results.

Reaction score

As you can see.....not a good look.
    There must be a solution though.......as there are plenty of recent screenshots in the shipyard and community content areas that do not seem to have this issue.
    So.....whats the trick boys and girls??

Reaction score
    No problem dude :p I had the same issues when i was tinkering with settings and 4k rendering :p
    You sound like a man who knows his stuff.

What overall settings would you suggest to get the best out of my above listed specs?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Crank up everything except shadows, because they look like crap from a distance. Leave shadows off

Reaction score
    • Tester
    coldbeer72 Hello, that problem is AMD specific. And it is not a problem with bloom (even though enabling it removes the effect). Its caused by "framebuffers" being disabled. You can toggle rame buffers ingame with tab f3 and bloom with tab f4 . Usualy hitting tab f3 on amd gpus once fixes the effect without theneed of bloom.(I am notafan of bloom ;) )

Reactions: StoneCyfer