Free Floating Block Placement tool

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Exactly what it says on the title. You know how the Create Dock tool allows you to place a core in front of the camera, rather than being forced to put it on an existing block?

Let's get a tool in the editor for that kind of thing.

Press a hotkey and it places a selection box a bit in front of the camera, with 3 lines running through the X, Y, and Z Axis so you can align your floating block tool with other parts of your build.

I would also recommend using hotkeys to move the selection box back/forth, up/down, and left/right in relation to the cursor, and permit mass block placement with advanced build mode

Bonus points: Floating placement of Copy-Pasted objects, rather than being forced to paste from a corner

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    This would be extremely useful. Support.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yesh.... This would help so much with my stations. Seeing as they are usually supposed to be composed of multiple structures, this would allow me to skip the spamming-block-towers step of reaching the location I want to build my shipyard or habitation facility or whatever at.

Reaction score
    How about adding ALT QWEASD keys to paste so that you can finely position it? Having to build a scaffold so I can add a part to the rear of my ship is pretty stupid.

Reactions: Parameter
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Too soon for this to fall off the front page BUMP!

Oh, and council members, please acknowledge you will stress to the devs this is sorely needed.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yep this'd be useful since we wouldn't have to build out to an area just to place a single block or paste something. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    As zircher says. we already have the functionality. wasd key behavior in the galaxy map. Should be a snap to implement.