Fps dropping periodically

Reaction score
    Heya im having issues since the last patch.

6gb ddr3
    nvidia geforce 650 ti
    quad core 2.4ghz processor (corei2 I believe, its a q6600)

Basically I run a very busy faction with lots of ships around our base. Now what happens since the last patch is my fps will run at 40-60 around the base but every 25 seconds or so it will plummet for 10 seconds to 10 fps before instantly going back up. It doesnt matter if im moving, flying, in build mode or out or even standing still. It doesn't make a difference if I'm moving my camera around or not, either. I get the same issue with framerate drops.

I get the same issue anywhere in the game. In empty space I have like 200 fps then I will see it drop to 75 periodically and back up. Same with planets, which I get about 100 fps around and it drops to about 35. Understandibly 35 is playable but I can barely move in built up areas :(

It doesnt matter if I twiddle any setting in graphics, playing with 100 block vision or 4000 I get the same frame drop. Tried updating my graphics driver but that didn't help.

If anyone can help me I would be so appreciative :) I have lots of memory allocated. Ive checked my computer usage at my base and its running at 21-40% cpu use and 3.95gb/6gb ram usage.

Reaction score
    Yeah Crusade even with occlusion off, the game just...lags....randomly.

90% of the time I get a HUGE 130fps (largest I've ever got in any game ever) Then every half an hour or so I get the random lag. Also worth mentioning that I also get the 'server not responding/contact admin' thing around this time.

Reaction score
    does anyone have anything else I can try please? This is really ruining the game for me.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    You might want to check your resource monitor/performance stats and see what exactly happens during that frame drop. Maybe your cpu usage goes to 100% levels?

Also, try assigning less RAM. 2GB is really enough for multiplayer, I've seen issue when using too much RAM...Doesn't hurt to try.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    SM is very CPU demanding when it generates and places big objects or similar things.
    And your CPU is over 8 Years old now ... not a bad piece of hardware but no longer state of the art.
    So what Lancake said. Open the Taskmanager in the background and when the FPS drops take a look if it is at the same time your CPU is maybe spiking.
    That said it may get better with comming patches, especialy if it has worked once fine and got worse with the last release.