Votes: 2 25.0%
    • Have a server setting toggle

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I had a thought, and a further thought decided it should have its own place. Then I lost both thoughts...

Not really.

Capitals or ships of certain mass should cost FP for the blueprint item. OR perhaps only charge the FP to spawn it once materials are collected. Perhaps a server setting would decide what mass that is. Considering the catalog now lists mass it should be relatively straightforward right?

Reactions: Crimson-Artist

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I had a thought, and a further thought decided it should have its own place. Then I lost both thoughts...

Not really.

Capitals or ships of certain mass should cost FP for the blueprint item. OR perhaps only charge the FP to spawn it once materials are collected. Perhaps a server setting would decide what mass that is. Considering the catalog now lists mass it should be relatively straightforward right?
    But what if I'm not a member of a faction?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You make one, or join one and become useful enough they buy you the bp.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You make one, or join one and become useful enough they buy you the bp.
    That would encourage 1-player factions that currently already litter faction lists.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You doing it wouldn't, but the system itself might. Very good point. I purge the faction list weekly for this very reason, it would be terrible to add to that workload.

The next option is still viable, find a faction. Hmm.

Really though, its practically impossible to encourage those one manners any more. You already get a home base and FP out of the deal. And unless you're on a server like Ragnarok there's nothing stopping you. FP are starting to discourage 1 mans a little, but we really need more customization of the FP system, not to mention the faction system as a whole. I want people to have to have members and pay for a faction for instance. Or only get FP while they're over a certain count...

Good point, made me think. Should've seen it myself, but its 0300 now >.<

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    You doing it wouldn't, but the system itself might. Very good point. I purge the faction list weekly for this very reason, it would be terrible to add to that workload.

The next option is still viable, find a faction. Hmm.

Really though, its practically impossible to encourage those one manners any more. You already get a home base and FP out of the deal. And unless you're on a server like Ragnarok there's nothing stopping you. FP are starting to discourage 1 mans a little, but we really need more customization of the FP system, not to mention the faction system as a whole. I want people to have to have members and pay for a faction for instance. Or only get FP while they're over a certain count...

Good point, made me think. Should've seen it myself, but its 0300 now >.<
    There needs to be things like personal protection for ships. Works like faction protection, but it only allows one player. And I think it should cost credits instead of FP to import or create blueprints. I'd say, 10% the ship value with a minimum of 100k credits, because credits lost a lot of their previous value after the latest update (in a default game at least).

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    hmmm, it would put an emphasis on smaller ships and make capital ship fights more impactful since you're throwing a big asset at a problem

i like it

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think it'd be cool if factioning ships had a cost based on the ship's mass. Larger factions could afford more factioned ships. It shouldn't be a hard limit on how many ships you can have, just an overall mass limit.