Forum migration

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    We upgraded the forums on the 10th of November, SMD is essentially running on new software, so a lot has changed on the backend. We've recreated the style of old SMD in this new software. Please post any issues, whether they be aesthetic or functional here.

Yet to be done
    • Badges, we are still waiting for development to finish on a badge system for the new forum software. They are still there, in the form of trophies on your profile page in the "About" section.
    • Automated issuing of the purchased badge. We now have a REST API we can use to achieve this, however, this will need work on the Registry side.
    • Reimplement Discord page.

Last edited:

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    We upgraded the forums on the 10th of November, SMD is essentially running on new software, so a lot has changed on the backend. We've recreated the style of old SMD in this new software. Please post any issues, whether they be aesthetic or functional here.

Intended
    • No badges, we are still waiting for development to finish on a badge system for the new forum software. They are still there, in the form of trophies on your profile page in the "About" section.

Still need to be done
    • Reimplement Discord page.
    Hello there, Tai.

I believe this is kinda urgent and important...

I never set MFA or 2 factor auth on my account and I just had to burn one of my backup codes to log in the forum. When accessing the Password and Security option my password is NOT accepted, but I have it saved on firefox and compared to the one inserted, they are exactly the same...

What I'm suposed to do? I have a few others backup codes when I first signed in but they are finite...

Reactions: DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I never set MFA or 2 factor auth on my account and I just had to burn one of my backup codes to log in the forum.
    You would've had to have enabled it, otherwise you couldn't of had a backup code ;) The system never worked on the old software, but now it does, so that's why it required you to use it all of a sudden.

When accessing the Password and Security option my password is NOT accepted, but I have it saved on firefox and compared to the one inserted, they are exactly the same...
    This is because SMD does not store passwords, so your StarMade Registry password isn't going to work. We will have to modify it to use an email verification instead. Good spotting! :)

What I'm suposed to do? I have a few others backup codes when I first signed in but they are finite...
    I've disabled 2FA on your account, you can re-enable it when we fix the password issue.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Likeable
    You would've had to have enabled it, otherwise you couldn't of had a backup code ;) The system never worked on the old software, but now it does, so that's why it required you to use it all of a sudden.

This is because SMD does not store passwords, so your StarMade Registry password isn't going to work. We will have to modify it to use an email verification instead. Good spotting! :)

I've disabled 2FA on your account, you can re-enable it when we fix the password issue.
    Thanks Tai!

I just logged sucessfully on my mobile device. Thankfully I stored those codes on my drive. It was inded so long and yes I never used the configured MFA... I have fogotten about it.

Better leave those of for the time beeing.

Thanks again!

Reactions: DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thanks Tai!

I just logged sucessfully on my mobile device. Thankfully I stored those codes on my drive. It was inded so long and yes I never used the configured MFA... I have fogotten about it.

Better leave those of for the time beeing.

Thanks again!
    This issuse has now been fixed. You should be able to re-enable 2FA no problem now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Links in posts are hard to see with the new font-color...

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Links in posts are hard to see with the new font-color...
    Fonts are the same colour, pretty much everything is the same colour. Links in posts look fine to me. Are they these ones, or other links?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    hrm, ok... maybe it's just me or I missed something.
    Those are looking fine... abandoned-medical-station-repaired-updated.7981/

That one also fine... please follow the link to the CC, there are two links in the post, one to shield-bleed-bug and the other to more CC, the color is white and totally blends with normal text, it does of course change onmouseover.

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That one also fine... please follow the link to the CC, there are two links in the post, one to shield-bleed-bug and the other to more CC, the color is white and totally blends with normal text, it does of course change onmouseover.
    Fixed.

Reactions: Tsnonak

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Implemented lazy loading for user-posted images, force lazy loading on images in spoilers. (Essentially this means images are only loaded when they are needed.)
    • Removed maximum images per thread/post limit.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    on profiles it seems like we cant sort by threads the person has made, we used to be able to do that and it was really nice.
    Could we get that back if possible?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    on profiles it seems like we cant sort by threads the person has made, we used to be able to do that and it was really nice.
    Could we get that back if possible?
    It's still there, it's in the "Find" section on someone's profile :D

2019-11-21_2149.png

Reactions: Nauvran

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Fixed Sketchfab iframe sizes to prevent overlapping.
    • Added automatic processing for Sketchfab links. Support both the embed link and the regular URL. Previously the embed link had to be used or the bbcode option. Now you can just copy the Sketchfab link from the URL in your browser and it will automatically parse the link. (Does not work with the "share" option in Sketchfab.
    • Adjusted alt account and spam detection for less false positives.

Reactions: Nauvran