Implemented Force field blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Yes, a single block destroyed would take down the entire force field, but what if the field's modules are on the inside? This would have to be one of the problems worked out.
    That wouldn't be a problem either. Missiles and punch-through would be bound to destroy even a single block if a player knows the general location of the force field. And if they're on the inside, then they're not being used as a second shield anyway, so it really just comes down to being used as area denial as it should be.

Can you provide a more specific example of what you mean? I feel like we might be thinking of two different things.

Reaction score
    That wouldn't be a problem either. Missiles and punch-through would be bound to destroy even a single block if a player knows the general location of the force field. And if they're on the inside, then they're not being used as a second shield anyway, so it really just comes down to being used as area denial as it should be.

Can you provide a more specific example of what you mean? I feel like we might be thinking of two different things.
    For example, how would the blocks be run? I am trying to say, that if the force field is between the ship and the block that needs to be destroyed, then that field would be invincible. The only way to fix this that I see without adding too many complications is making the block have to be adjacent on the x,y and z coordinates.

I was not talking about the force field being inside the ship.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    This is what I am imagining. What I'd be inclined to consider is as a clearly projected system (the force field is "projected" from the computer) then for every force field block there would be a power draw to it. Knocking out enough power or using power-drain would until there is no power left would then result in the force field dropping. Force fields aren't protected by shields as they technically aren't physical in the same way other blocks are. When damage is directed into the forcefield it wouldn't take off HP but would drain power equivalent to the damage dealt, or a proportion of the damage dealt pending balancing. When the power is drained the force field drops. Destroying the force field computer also drops the force field. I think this helps find that balance between not being too OP and also actually making some sense in how it is created. I think if forcefields were protected by shields then you have two different recharges that could seriously OP your ship (shield recharge and power recharge).

On a factioned ship or station only factioned players or ships can pass through it. When a faction permission block is placed next to it, that suddenly influences whether or not you can pass through it. Using an activation module you can toggle it to completely solid, so no one can pass through it. This way you have all options at your disposal
    - completely "solid" so no one can pass through via activation module
    - any player when on a ship or station that doesn't have a faction module
    - only faction'd players or ships when on a ship or station with a faction module
    - any player or ship when public faction permission module is placed next to force field computer.
    - eventually the options will extend when the faction permission block has its options extended (basically to include some of what is listed here)

Reaction score
    i'm assuming the plan is to use modified plexdoors basically, with a requirement they be placed WITHIN a frame...
    if so, can we get shapes and color's to place... personally, i'd like to be able to place a set of blocks one block either side of the field, allowing us to create a three thick field.

why the different colours and shapes? in my case, as a second layer to the cockpit window. with the requirement to keep within
    a frame, a person can STILL destroy the forcefield layer with a well placed shot, but it's another layer of protection, and it may mean
    the difference between a core breach, or escape.
    for small vessels, this may mean survival, as the shield goes down, the next shot would probably enter the cabin and hit the core,
    instead, that shot is caught by the force field, practically emptying your power.
    chances are, your still screwed. but it may swing a few survivors. just another addition to protect the ship.

Reaction score
    I really like this idea, maybe needing a block to add force field, it would be lowish cost, like blast doors. My only problem is massive power generator clusters docked to eachother, each with 1million regen, each having a layer of shields on the outside. Maybe shots would bleed out on force fields, in a 1:3(one block, bleed to each of the touching blocks, if its an area effect, damage bleed bleeds into non-hit blocks(still can bleed onto already bleeded on blocks unless they are destroyed)) ratio to make bigger holes. Maybe as force fields were damaged they would glow brighter, starting out transparent.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I really like this idea, maybe needing a block to add force field, it would be lowish cost, like blast doors. My only problem is massive power generator clusters docked to eachother, each with 1million regen, each having a layer of shields on the outside. Maybe shots would bleed out on force fields, in a 1:3(one block, bleed to each of the touching blocks, if its an area effect, damage bleed bleeds into non-hit blocks(still can bleed onto already bleeded on blocks unless they are destroyed)) ratio to make bigger holes. Maybe as force fields were damaged they would glow brighter, starting out transparent.
    holy thread necro - on something that was already added

Reactions: nightrune

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Someone could stick an "implemented" sticker on thread this now.

Reaction score
    HA HA HA!!!!
    Whoops. I was thinking this hadnt been added yet(the computer-power thing) and didn't pay attention to the dates.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1450111308,1450111272][/DOUBLEPOST]Sry