For the love of sweet baby Jesus!! (and other Inventory Filtering desires)

Reaction score
    I just was patient and took a half hour plus making my seperator. but oh god it was worth it. Virtually infinite storage capacity Harvesting pirates has never been so profitable for me.

Reaction score
    Don't worry, baby jesus gets his love, i get a cookie and Toyata can feel all silly. Win / Wins all round eh?

This is actually possible!

Place 1 storage block. The block you desire to dump your inventory into.

Now place your X number of storage blocks you wish to transfer the items into. Link these using C and V. Your dumping storage block is the master.

On the slave blocks, you can "Add Pull". This means on every tick, you may pull an item from the master, at a quantity you specify. While the exact shop categories are not added to the pull list, you could make your own category specific slaves, and then pull again from them into singular item storage blocks.

This allows you to create a tree of storage blocks, all slaved to one another in whatever manner you please. Pulling different items at quantities.

The new UI allows you to "PULL ALL". This will transfer any and all blocks at a specified quantity per tick.

I'm quite sure Bench has shown a ship before in his logic tutorials that shows a logic driven mining ship, that self categorises each ore and crystal into labeled storage blocks, then transfers the dirt and rocks into a drop pod with a timed explosive on it. All automated.
    Cookies as promised!! (please note: the term cookies is used to represent some form of original content and not actual food stuff)

http://starmadedock.net/content/sort-o-matic.2218/

In the above link you will find the "Inventory Sorting Array" that makes inventory management a breeze.

This is a ship core with attached storage array. The intent is to use this as the start of a ship build. The filtering covers about 90% of all blocks used in game.

-Runeseer

Reactions: JimmyJamba