FOR ALL AMD RADEON USERS READ THIS!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey guys, if you are using AMD Radeon cards and are experiencing issues with in game graphic drawing/ rendering of blocks like I was and have tried everything and still nothing fixes it. Please please please update your driver!! I thought I had updated mine, but I was wrong. I remembered that I had changed the driver name for a different game but was still using old version. Once I updated my driver the game worked fine!

Things you may need to do to fix:

First go here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    -----mouse over the Drivers + Support drop down tab.
    ---------Find your OS
    ------------Then manually update your driver! (BINGO!)

Then make sure that these two settings are on:
    VBO Bulk Mode --> ON
    Use Frame Buffer --> ON
    ------To find these, get to the Starmade connection set up window (window after launcher)
    --------Click on the show advanced settings option in the Settings drop down tab.

GUYS TRY IT! Omg I'm so happy! :) :D :,)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425443011,1425442729][/DOUBLEPOST]You have to update driver! #Derpmoment #Failarmy #Winning

Reaction score
    I don't think Mac users can update their Radeon drivers. I've done the software update process and it reports everything is up to date. From my research, neither Apple nor AMD have updated the drivers in a long time for a certain set of cards in their laptops.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    A fun solution might be to bootcamp some flavor of ubuntu.

Reaction score
    If I thought I could get decent performance out of running boot camp on my laptop I would go that route, but I am not sure the system could do it.

Reaction score
    I must have missed something here... using the demo version, latest. I don't have this. -> VBO Bulk Mode --> ON

I just have the option to increase it in MBs. It is defaulted at 4. Ideas?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I must have missed something here... using the demo version, latest. I don't have this. -> VBO Bulk Mode --> ON

I just have the option to increase it in MBs. It is defaulted at 4. Ideas?
    The setting was removed as turning it off will always result in glitches since some patch. It is always true by default now.

Reaction score
    I enabled multidraw, the VBO Map thing in the config was already enabled. Framebuffers was already enabled.

Reaction score
    line 120 of the settings.cfg should look like: G_USE_VBO_MAP = false

i think that is what they wanted to tell you Nanobytez
    How do I like your post a billion times? This is the clarification I needed. I no longer get a headache when half of my asteroid flickers and reforms in half a second while I'm salvaging it. Thank you!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Well kept crashing and blue screening on a 6870, Got a R9 390 the other day and it just shutdown the computer. This appears to have fixed the issues.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hey guys, if you are using AMD Radeon cards and are experiencing issues with in game graphic drawing/ rendering of blocks like I was and have tried everything and still nothing fixes it. Please please please update your driver!! I thought I had updated mine, but I was wrong. I remembered that I had changed the driver name for a different game but was still using old version. Once I updated my driver the game worked fine!

Things you may need to do to fix:

First go here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
    -----mouse over the Drivers + Support drop down tab.
    ---------Find your OS
    ------------Then manually update your driver! (BINGO!)

Then make sure that these two settings are on:
    VBO Bulk Mode --> ON
    Use Frame Buffer --> ON
    ------To find these, get to the Starmade connection set up window (window after launcher)
    --------Click on the show advanced settings option in the Settings drop down tab.

GUYS TRY IT! Omg I'm so happy! :) :D :,)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1425443011,1425442729][/DOUBLEPOST]You have to update driver! #Derpmoment #Failarmy #Winning
    Thanks. Frame Buffer was off. Why on earth frame buffer is even a setting for users to play with. I can remember when hardware sometimes didn't have the capability these days double and triple buffer is pretty much in anything in the last 8 years or so.

Drivers and so on where up to date. R7 260x 1680x1050 130fps around planet nice improvement.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Because old hardware is still in use, and there may also be new hardware without framebuffer support.
    Hardware that old wouldn't run this at all. You can check both OpenGL and DirectX comparability requirements no hardware has been made like that in a long time. Honestly its so far back trying to find documentation where it isn't required is hard.