Fleet Update Brainstorming

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    These are the features I want to see added in the Fleet Update.

1) Give fleets the ability to scan systems. This would work like this. A ship in the fleet would need a long range scanner. You would give the fleet the order "Scan systems to sector whatever" and then it would move the fleet and scan the systems as it went. You would then have to retrieve the ships to access their scan data. So if you are like me and lazy when it comes to scanning systems, this would make it easier.

2) Properly compute the speed of unloaded fleets. Currently, fleets just move insanely fast while unloaded. They should however move at the max speed of the mothership, or maybe each ship in the fleet goes it's max speed.

3) Give fleets the ability to send their ships to multiple sectors at once. This is sort of like Palpatine's Contingency Plan (Contingency) that is discussed in Aftermath: Empire's End. The way this would work is you would fleet like 200 drones. You would then give the order that looks something like this "Move Mothership (0, 0, 0) and Increment Y by 1 for each ship" You would then give the Scan Systems to sector whatever" order and each ship would scan the systems it was in.

If any of these are confusing, please comment and I will explain.

Please comment your own suggestions, as this is a brainstorming thread, but please keep things on-topic.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    4) the ability to mine in unloaded but explored sectors.
    5) the ability to tell miners to mine all sectors within X sectors range of the flagship
    6) AI orbiting to safe non-colliding area near the carrier before trying to dock. Instead of trying to fly through the carrier or hitting another ship that has docked or is docking.
    7) Fleet Patrols: select X number of sectors either by typing them in or directly on the map
    8) Fleet Patrols 2: Randomly wanders the system it is told to patrol in looking for enemies
    9) Scout System Order: Target a system through the map, by typing in the system coords, or by clicking a scout here button. well wander the system if no scanner to manually scout but will use the scanner as able to scout-scan the system. Also is used when a ship that can cloak is suspected of being nearby.
    10) Multiple active orders: where there can be several active orders at once and the AI will change between them as needed or on set conditions.

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'd be happy if Schine just fixed the existing fleet commands and AI but...

12) attack my current target. Allows for focused fire on whatever target you have selected in a manner similar to turrets set to "selected target". Continuously switches the fleet's attack priority when you switch targets.

Last edited: