Fixing the shield regen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Hi, first of all I like the new update, before the patch the regen was so retarded (and boring). However it has been nerfed slightly too much concerning the shield regen delay. It's a nice concept but it don't have to be triggered by everything. I bring you 3 solutions :

- Add a minumum damage threeshold in relation with the ship size, every damage above this thresshold will trigger the regen delay (so a 25 dps turret can't trigger a capital ship regen delay).

- Add a new weapon (EMP-like) and make the shield regen delay only triggerable by that.

- Add both suggestion and just make the EMP-like weapon delay the regen longer.

After adding one of these I think it'll be correctly balanced.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Because a shield requires vast amounts of energy to repel projectiles, it requires its own capacitor banks.
    When those are drained, it\'s limited to what the reactor can put out (or, in larger ships, what can be carried in power cables) - all of which is being used to deflect projectiles, or attempt to. A smaller capacitor is available in a smaller craft and smaller shield units, therefore it\'s capable easily of regenerating quickly.

When you\'re using just as much energy to attempt to keep the bullets out as you are trying to regenerate your shields, you have absolutely nothing left.

Simple logic.

If the shield is broken, then it needs to be taken out of combat to recharge. Simple enough, I\'d say.