Planned Fix warpgates inside stations

Reaction score
    Warpgates currently dump arrivals outside the station. I suspect this is a relic of the game engine that hasn't been updated to recognize the fact the game can 'remember' the specific location of a player, turret, ships, etc.

So please allow warp gates that are located inside a station or a hanger to put arrivals inside as well. Just have them appear with the core of the ship (eventually center mass of the ship) located at the center of the 2d loop of the arrival gate. If the ship doesn't fit when attempting that, then use the current code to launch them off into random space.

But being able to safely go in astronaut mode between warp gates or to use safe gates inside hangar-sized structures would be awesomesauce.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Warp gates are based on the /change_sector command, so when you warp, your exact position in the original sector is where you appear in the other sector. I expect improvements at some point, but you could try adjusting the first warp gate to get it to line up with where you want to exist.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I guess it is also to avoid collision between station and ship.
    Whenever you spawn/buy a ship it will appear right in front of the entity (if any) at the C direction.
    So the ship spawns outside an entities box dimension. the same most likely happens when you warp.
    You "spawn" outside the gates box dimension thingie.

But I do agree, that should not be the case for astronauts, since we are so "small" and do not cause lag if we happen to spawn inside a ship/station.