Read by Council Fix profits, Fix the roadmap, Fix servers, Fix the Game!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Profits:
    I wouldn't worry too much about the profits. Schine has been hiring new talent periodically for a while now, so they cant be doing that bad.

Roadmap:
    While I think an argument can made with this point, I dont think it's as bad as you say it is. Perhaps what they concentrate on could be shifted a bit toward player interaction and what not. The thing is though, the way I've seen this game progress, I have nothing but confidence in the schine team to deliver a truly amazing game, no matter how long it takes.

Servers:
    Never ran a sm server myself so cant speak to that.

Fix game:
    Realize that the state of the game is such that from time to time there are large influxes of new players coming into the game. Many will play for a short time get bored and leave, while others will fall in love and become part of the dedicated playerbase. We are just coming off of the steam boom now so it may appear that the game is dying when if fact the diehard base is growing. That is what we need at this point in development.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wow, how time flies.
    I hadn't realized it was time for the weekly 'Idiot Complaint' thread.
    It looks like all the stupidity has been covered, so no need for me to repeat things yet again.

I am curious tho. Where are people getting information that players are leaving the game? I can't say that I've noticed this myself. Actual data to back this up would be interesting. (Yes, I do realize I'm calling for a Photoshop contest)

Time for coffee.

Oh yeah, FSM, #0
    (Thanks SkylordLuke ;))

Reaction score
    I don't really know anything about Schines financials or server maintenance so I can't really comment there, but your statement about the roadmap is profoundly dumb. Having an actual functioning AI and NPC system means that so much more could be added to the game's universe, rather then just end up as sandbox survival game number #230292. It's very important if the devs want the game to be playable in single player, and a more robust single player/pve experience will only benefit the multiplayer experience.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Can we all agree that this thread is without purpose? And if ever there were a thread that was worthy of being removed, it was this one?

Reactions: FlyingDebris
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am curious tho. Where are people getting information that players are leaving the game? I can't say that I've noticed this myself. Actual data to back this up would be interesting.
    The "steam boom" comment was purely an assumption on my part. It's likely happening to some extent but I have no data to back it up.

Back along time ago when beatlebear was still with schine, the yogscast made some videos about starmade and many from their substantial audience downloaded the game to check it out. I rode that train in. Don't judge, it brought me here :) Starmade experienced a boom but over time the playerbase shrunk. It was bigger than it was before that happend but people said the same thing at the time, doom and gloom, starmade is dead. So thats where im coming from.

Can we all agree that this thread is without purpose? And if ever there were a thread that was worthy of being removed, it was this one?
    Whats the point of having a forum if people cant voice their opinion. I say leave it be.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Whats the point of having a forum if people cant voice their opinion. I say leave it be.
    There is a difference between opinion and drivel: and not every argument has two sides. Some have one, others have 5.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There is a difference between opinion and drivel: and not every argument has two sides. Some have one, others have 5.
    While that is technically true, it has no bearing here. What he said was irrelevant. It's his right to say it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The "steam boom" comment was purely an assumption on my part. It's likely happening to some extent but I have no data to back it up.
    You have no financial data. You have no population data.
    You have based our conclusions on a historical precedent that contradicts your conclusions.
    I am very confused as to why you thought it would be appropriate to cry wolf.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    So, uh... where's the Rejected tag for this, again? lmao

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hey Imagination01 , if you are truly that concerned about Schine being able to profit from this game maybe you could uh....BUY THE GAME.

You even get this neat little badge
    that tells everyone that you support this game. I want it to become something great and Schine should listen to my input.

Until I see one of these Badges by your name I am just going to assume you are some two-bit troll that just wants to harm this community.

Reaction score
    Hey Imagination01 , if you are truly that concerned about Schine being able to profit from this game maybe you could uh....BUY THE GAME.

You even get this neat little badge
    that tells everyone that you support this game. I want it to become something great and Schine should listen to my input.

Until I see one of these Badges by your name I am just going to assume you are some two-bit troll that just wants to harm this community.
    I am not going to invest money into a game with a toxic community (as seen by the flaming and personal attack responses on this very thread and several others where people have posted their opinions, all by the same people every time) and has zero content in every aspect this game was made for, Schine needs to fix his shit, this game is dying, look at the screenshots, people are leaving because they are getting bored with the game, they are getting bored because there is no content, there is no content because Schine had made terrible business decisions

EDIT: Definitely a toxic community, the same 9 people are spamming funny ratings on every post that they do not agree with, how about instead of saying things like "Stop Bitching" and "ok." you could perhaps make a valid counter argument instead of just making personal attacks because someone does not agree with your opinion

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I am not going to invest money into a game with a toxic community (as seen by the flaming and personal attack responses on this very thread and several others where people have posted their opinions, all by the same people every time) and has zero content in every aspect this game was made for, Schine needs to fix his shit, this game is dying, look at the screenshots, people are leaving because they are getting bored with the game, they are getting bored because there is no content, there is no content because Schine had made terrible business decicions
    You do realize you sort of threw away your chances when you immediately signed up for Vaygr and your first post was a rant about factions right? I mean a majority of the community dislikes 1. Vaygr and 2. People who show up and instantly are complaining about meta.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    "I'm almost brand new to this community and haven't even purchased the game, but think I can make massive demands of Schine."

Wheeew, Vaygr sure inflates people's egos quickly.

EDIT- Oh, and one last thing.

all by the same people every time
    lmao. I'm sure anyone who knows who these "new players" who seem a tad overly informed about the history of the game's community who love ranting about how far downhill we've gone really are sees the hilarity here.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I am not going to invest money into a game with a toxic community (as seen by the flaming and personal attack responses on this very thread and several others where people have posted their opinions, all by the same people every time) and has zero content in every aspect this game was made for, Schine needs to fix his shit, this game is dying, look at the screenshots, people are leaving because they are getting bored with the game, they are getting bored because there is no content, there is no content because Schine had made terrible business decicions
    AAAAAAAAAAAAND this concludes this weeks shitpost ladies and gentlemen!!!!
    Come back next week,same time?

we shall see hahahhahahaa we shall see..
    *smiles*
    Until next time,place bets who is..THE next mysterious person to create the next..shitpost

bye everyone!

*que the music*

Reaction score
    "I'm almost brand new to this community and haven't even purchased the game, but think I can make massive demands of Schine."

Wheeew, Vaygr sure inflates people's egos quickly.
    When you're part of the longest running faction in StarMade that has not died out and been reformed/changed leadership/rebranded you tend to talk to people who have been around this game longer than most people, does your faction really not share experiences with new members?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    When you're part of the longest running faction in StarMade that has not died out and been reformed/changed leadership/rebranded you tend to talk to people who have been around this game longer than most people, does your faction really not share experiences with new members?
    It has changed leadership... Ridik use to run the show at your place. Hell he nearly got everyone to do his bidding through manipulation. Have you considered that what THEY tell you isn't 100% true or should be taken at face value?

Reaction score
    It has changed leadership... Ridik use to run the show at your place. Hell he nearly got everyone to do his bidding through manipulation. Have you considered that what THEY tell you isn't 100% true or should be taken at face value?
    Have you even looked at the history of factions doc?
    Ridik ran Eurocorp, Zoro ran Vaygr and still does to this date, Ridik was simply someone people like zoro used to look up to for ideas

EDIT: You guys on the other hand have died out and reformed 3 times, (DFN > NFD > TNT) and made a failed alliance to try and combat us the inevitable just was a waste of time

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Have you even looked at the history of factions doc?
    Ridik ran Eurocorp, Zoro ran Vaygr and still does to this date, Ridik was simply someone people like zoro used to look up to for ideas
    Oh my god. Zoro use Ridik?

Anyhow this thread has run it's course someone lock it.