Read by Council Fix profits, Fix the roadmap, Fix servers, Fix the Game!

Reaction score
    Most of this has probably been talked about about, buts it's time to fix this game, and no I am not talking about stop releasing features and fix bugs, I am talking about what is happening and what could be happening.

Im gonna go into any introduction bullshit, I just get straight to the point.

FIX PROFITS:
    Seriously Schine, your public financial report says you are making a whopping $0
    (source: Gyazo - 799233a6f47197def831b0078bde86aa.png)
    Start by popping a cheap say $3 USD on this game, its not low enough that you will not make money, but not too high so that your existing community will find another game, you did say this game is going to eventually be pay to play, as someone who knows the way around business, you have made some pretty bad business decisions, but this is one of your worst, you have no way to pay your expenses except for out of your own pocket, that's not good for a game developer, you need to be able to hire new employees with better skillsets to make your game better, this makes development faster and better for your community.

Whatever you are planning with making this game pay to play do it now.

FIX THE ROADMAP:
    The current roadmap essentially view the player as a single cog in an NPC powered universe, that is a terrible idea, the players are the ones giving you money, not the NPCs you need to give the players priority not the NPCs, this means things like better player interaction for example, not buggy NPC mining fleets that do not even work 95% of the time.

FIX SERVERS:

As most of you know EI shut down recently, so did Elwyn Eternity (soon to come back as EE2.0) Redshift, Nasszone, all the good servers from back then at the games peak popularity, gone, why because servers are shit, admins have very little control over the server and they crash all the damn time.

Start by adding a text command line for StarMade Servers, dont force admins to log into a laggy server to fix lag that is preventing players from logging in.

And seriously, add an API for modding, put that shit at the front of the que, you do not need to stop working on your other stuff, just please, for the love of god give players the ability to fix your game and make more content, you could even update your EULA giving you the right to ownership of a mod, so you can add a mods feature in the main game, so no need to worry about someone making a mod for something you had planned, It's already been made for you!

FIX THE GAME:
    Schema and Schine, your gaming is dying, is it losing players because they feel like they have been screwed over for investing their time into what they think is a terrible game with terrible devs, I do not necessarily agree with this, however you need to get your shit together, look at some time ago back when StarMade was at its peak!

Gyazo - aa2c77854910f44046e7c17311a2a25e.png
    Gyazo - 04d1cb4a85e4bc8dd475aec62beea37c.png
    Gyazo - 8d98ed91b45426c127638099db778c99.png

Now look at what it is now!

Gyazo - 7e536c655db10ff61a3867f7f61699a7.png
    Gyazo - 6e34b8e800a8a54f2f3e3e131e63edff.png

I think I have said enough, before people go full forum warrior, let me say I have never seen a modern game that has been in alpha for 5 years, without even coming close to beta, and please read the entire paragraph before taking a single sentence out of context to complain about it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Of all the bitchy shitposts about how this unreleased game is "dying," this one is by far the worst. Did you stop and think for literally any amount of time before drooling this incoherent drivel from your brain to your screen?

First, a game developer usually doesn't make a profit on a game until the game is released, so that entire bit about them not making any money is asinine.

Secondly, the roadmap is the vision for the game as envisioned by the man who's put his heart and soul into it. You have no right to question that vision, especially when you consider how well Schema has do insofar and mostly by himself. And personally, I love the emphasis on NPCs. It will one day give the actual players and endless stream of things to do.

Thirdly, those servers that shut down are not owned by Schine, so what exactly are they supposed to do about them shutting down? Additionally, there have been countless posts regarding releasing the API. It will be done eventually, but as of now, it would do no good, as the game is updated so frequently, that any mods made using the API would be rendered useless every two weeks. We'll get it when the devs decide to give it to us.

Fourthmost, you used completely untested and anecdotal evidence (two screenshots) to make you point. You have no way of knowing how game sales are, you can't have any access to active player information, and you certainly can't determine whether or not Starmade is "losing players because they feel like they have been screwed over for investing their time into what they think is a terrible game with terrible devs." Your arguments in this final section are so infantile, most literal infants could show you how wrong you are. Shame on you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to write a long letter to the American Psychiatric Association in the hopes that the brain damage I received while reading your post will make it into the new DSM.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This entire thread will just be pretty meh.

MY two cents? Through steam and only through steam there appear to be more people playing the paid game than the "demo" game.
    If the current state of affairs for Schine were unprofitable I doubt they would be doing the same old same old like they have been.

Last edited:

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    FIX PROFITS:
    Seriously Schine, your public financial report says you are making a whopping $0
    Start by popping a cheap say $3 USD on this game, its not low enough that you will not make money, but not too high so that your existing community will find another game, you did say this game is going to eventually be pay to play, as someone who knows the way around business, you have made some pretty bad business decisions, but this is one of your worst, you have no way to pay your expenses except for out of your own pocket, that's not good for a game developer, you need to be able to hire new employees with better skillsets to make your game better, this makes development faster and better for your community.

We've never made our financial information public; Schine GmbH is not a public company. I'm not sure where you got that financial information from, but it's incorrect.

Reactions: kiddan

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Start by adding a text command line for StarMade Servers, dont force admins to log into a laggy server to fix lag that is preventing players from logging in.
    Shows how much you know.

IT ALREADY HAS ONE.

it's not perfect, but it lets us enter commands without logging in. We also have starmote, and starnet.

Reaction score
    Of all the bitchy shitposts about how this unreleased game is "dying," this one is by far the worst. Did you stop and think for literally any amount of time before drooling this incoherent drivel from your brain to your screen?

First, a game developer usually doesn't make a profit on a game until the game is released, so that entire bit about them not making any money is asinine.

Secondly, the roadmap is the vision for the game as envisioned by the man who's put his heart and soul into it. You have no right to question that vision, especially when you consider how well Schema has do insofar and mostly by himself. And personally, I love the emphasis on NPCs. It will one day give the actual players and endless stream of things to do.

Thirdly, those servers that shut down are not owned by Schine, so what exactly are they supposed to do about them shutting down? Additionally, there have been countless posts regarding releasing the API. It will be done eventually, but as of now, it would do no good, as the game is updated so frequently, that any mods made using the API would be rendered useless every two weeks. We'll get it when the devs decide to give it to us.

Fourthmost, you used completely untested and anecdotal evidence (two screenshots) to make you point. You have no way of knowing how game sales are, you can't have any access to active player information, and you certainly can't determine whether or not Starmade is "losing players because they feel like they have been screwed over for investing their time into what they think is a terrible game with terrible devs." Your arguments in this final section are so infantile, most literal infants could show you how wrong you are. Shame on you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to write a long letter to the American Psychiatric Association in the hopes that the brain damage I received while reading your post will make it into the new DSM.
    Firstly, the game is released, people can play it, people can buy it, therefore it is released.

Secondly, just because he put his "heart and soul" into it doesnt mean its a good idea, and I am allowed to question it, seriously, Schema is treating this game like NPCs are the people buying the game, not actual human players.

Thirdly, servers such as Redshift were (in most cases) shutdown because the game is dying, and it's no longer worth the admins time, the game is dying because of bad decisions made by Schine.

Finally, did you even look at the screenshots? they clearly show at least 40+ players on the top server back then, nowadays, less than 40 players are on servers period, that's proof enough the game is dying, no need to know game sales or player information.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460724241,1460724036][/DOUBLEPOST]
    it's not perfect
    Overstatement, its nowhere near perfect, 80% of the time it fails to execute basic commands and will even cause the server to hang when a command is executed
    [DOUBLEPOST=1460724316][/DOUBLEPOST]
    We've never made our financial information public; Schine GmbH is not a public company. I'm not sure where you got that financial information from, but it's incorrect.
    Apologies, I stand corrected, I was unaware that the financial information was not public

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Overstatement, its nowhere near perfect, 80% of the time it fails to execute basic commands and will even cause the server to hang when a command is executed
    are you sure? 2 seconds ago, you didn't even know it existed. EE never had any issues with the console input, it's how the wrapper worked. It's one of the few reliable parts of the game.

Reaction score
    Try doing what Arkazan did then, he used a tools available on the dock in conjunction with the console to trigger automatic restarts, look how well that went, server would always fail to restart and hang, and according to Ark, the entire machine needed to be rebooted everytime it happened, see how well it goes for you :)

EE was also around when StarMade servers actually worked more than 20% of the time during the peak of the StarMade player base, thats like saying the world is at war because bombs were dropped on hiroshima a few decades ago

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Most of this has probably been talked about about, buts it's time to fix this game, and no I am not talking about stop releasing features and fix bugs, I am talking about what is happening and what could be happening.

Im gonna go into any introduction bullshit, I just get straight to the point.

FIX PROFITS:

FIX THE ROADMAP:
    The current roadmap essentially view the player as a single cog in an NPC powered universe, that is a terrible idea, the players are the ones giving you money, not the NPCs you need to give the players priority not the NPCs, this means things like better player interaction for example, not buggy NPC mining fleets that do not even work 95% of the time.

FIX SERVERS:

As most of you know EI shut down recently, so did Elwyn Eternity (soon to come back as EE2.0) Redshift, Nasszone, all the good servers from back then at the games peak popularity, gone, why because servers are shit, admins have very little control over the server and they crash all the damn time.

And seriously, add an API for modding, put that shit at the front of the que, you do not need to stop working on your other stuff, just please, for the love of god give players the ability to fix your game and make more content, you could even update your EULA giving you the right to ownership of a mod, so you can add a mods feature in the main game, so no need to worry about someone making a mod for something you had planned, It's already been made for you!

FIX THE GAME:
    Schema and Schine, your gaming is dying, is it losing players because they feel like they have been screwed over for investing their time into what they think is a terrible game with terrible devs, I do not necessarily agree with this, however you need to get your shit together, look at some time ago back when StarMade was at its peak!

Gyazo - aa2c77854910f44046e7c17311a2a25e.png
    Gyazo - 04d1cb4a85e4bc8dd475aec62beea37c.png
    Gyazo - 8d98ed91b45426c127638099db778c99.png

Now look at what it is now!

Gyazo - 7e536c655db10ff61a3867f7f61699a7.png
    Gyazo - 6e34b8e800a8a54f2f3e3e131e63edff.png

I think I have said enough, before people go full forum warrior, let me say I have never seen a modern game that has been in alpha for 5 years, without even coming close to beta, and please read the entire paragraph before taking a single sentence out of context to complain about it.
    ok.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kiddan
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    /rant

Fix Profits:
    Say what? Are you not even aware that buying the game is optional? You can literally download it for free on the website. The reason it's not free on steam is because it's kinda like a preorder. Also, Schine does make money - quite a few people I know have donated/preordered the game.

Fix Servers:
    I'm gonna speak out of personal experience as server admin here. There are very few moments that we've had issues with our server. An occasional corrupted chunk but a little reset fixed that easily. Console commands are real stable, idk what's your problem with them exactly.

And I can verify what Rim said; It's possible to use console commands out of the game. Kinda tricky to do but it works fine.

API modding has been addressed in another thread somewhere. It would be stupid to add a modding API halfway alpha development for numerous reasons. It is planned though, but will most likely come out only after the base game has reached beta or a state where updates are less frequent. (Besides the way you describe modding is really not how it works in reality lmao)

Fix The Game:
    Alright so idk why you think everyone thinks this is a terrible game with terrible devs.

Like, bruh, you're making really daft assumptions here with nothing to back 'em up.

Firstly, the game is released, people can play it, people can buy it, therefore it is released.
    wat.

Have you never heard of the term Early Access? It's like literally all over steam. Starmade wouldn't be at this point if it weren't for the people playing, participating with, contributing to and funding the entire thing.

/end_rant

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    welp.. the level of salt from this guy is insane,you didnt even play that long?! what did make you so angry.. to surf the web trying to find falsified and incorrect information about non-public Schine profits.

Or how you didnt bother to do 2 clicks to research what is actually going on with a game,like visiting frequent suggestions thread,where you would find tons of information

--> Frequent Suggestions Megathread

Last edited:

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    SM may be taking a longer approach to development but it also has a more ambitious goal than; 'Lets churn out another boring, brain-dead shoot-fest, make a ton of money and abandon our game before anyone realizes they bought a dud.'

I am enjoying going through this development with Schine because it is exciting to see real imagination in this industry. I have paid for my game and have never regretted it. I have helped run a server and now I am taking a break...to set up my own server.

Your rant about SM really means that this game is not your cup of tea. So go have a coffee and let us have our tea in peace.:p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    Personally I only found the game about six weeks ago and I liked it so much I paid for it (despite it not showing up as such on my profile yet!)

I enjoy playing on a multiplayer server (systemhack.net) and I have rarely been unable to play.

I think the game has massive potential and I enjoy every single second I play, even when I highlight a glitch or a bug or one of those anomalies that make you roll your eyes in despair. It is all part of it.

I feel like that I as a player have as much say in the development of the game as the developers and I am happy to participate in discussions as to possible new features, etc.

Even if every multiplayer server shut down tomorrow, I'd still play single player as I find the game utterly absorbing.

And before anyone says anything, I'm not a spotty 14 year old sitting in my bedroom in my underpants with nothing else to do, I am a busy 48 year old father of 6 who is also the primary carer for my sick wife.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    and its not like there are only 3 servers in the whole world..
    there are Dozens,DOZENS of servers xD..

Also,I feel ashamed that I played so long for free,and then only 10$ when I bought it,for such a great game,that provided me with couple of thousands of hours of fun... I am tempted to donate my livers to Schine at this point.
    Maybe..maybe I am a rabid fanboy,but I at least I am informed at what the hell is actually going on