Read by Council Fix profits, Fix the roadmap, Fix servers, Fix the Game!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Somebody lock this shitpost. One which was, I might add, debunked point by point, by no less than 5 people.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I do believe this is enough from all sides that have been yelling.
    Imagination01 all your "questions" have been answered in one way or another by either Schine staff or people who actually know what they are talking about.

On another not there is no reason for you to be concerned for all of this if you don't want to "waste" any money on supporting Schine. SO go to your room, be quiet and let us enjoy the game with the community that you all dislike so much.

oh and tell redalert to stop harrassing and annoying people in a public build servers discord server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    You have no financial data. You have no population data.
    You have based our conclusions on a historical precedent that contradicts your conclusions.
    I am very confused as to why you thought it would be appropriate to cry wolf.
    Nope, no financial or population data and I dont care to find any. I also dont see how what i said was contradictory.
    We are just coming off of the steam boom now so it may appear that the game is dying when if fact the diehard base is growing.
    Starmade experienced a boom but over time the playerbase shrunk. It was bigger than it was before that happend but people said the same thing at the time
    I made the same point both times...the base is growing.

Reaction score
    Wow... look at all the fanboys coming out of the wood works to cradle Schine's ball-sack. It's like they can't handle any type of negative criticism about a game they have invested so much time in.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Wow... look at all the fanboys coming out of the wood works to cradle Schine's ball-sack. It's like they can't handle any type of negative criticism about a game they have invested so much time in.
    Try sheer obnoxious rageposts.

This is not criticism.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    that was not negative criticism,did you read anything he said? he opened the thread with falsified Schine profits,talking about servers that schine does not have control over,and general shitposting

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wow look at all this hate on Schine that is trying to deliver an amazing game to us.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it's less fanboying and more people knowing imagination's just a troll account.

Reaction score
    that was not negative criticism,did you read anything he said? he opened the thread with falsified Schine profits,talking about servers that schine does not have control over,and general shitposting
    I did read his post. Actually I took the time to read every post in this thread. I didn't see the point in Imagination bringing Schine's finances in this as it was irrelevant to the discussion and the point he was making. But the rest...

-Roadmap. I agree with him to the point that the roadmap is a complete and utterly mess with no organization.
    -Servers Dying. I can see where he is coming from. But is this from the actual game population leaving or is it them moving over to private servers? I can see why if he was looking at public servers he would think that the games population is dying. If you played many years ago when Redshift and EE were active you would see that the player count on public servers has in fact gone down. That could be due to many reasons not limited to there being no good or reliable public servers to join. Having actual reliable public servers would help the game expand it's playerbase.

Nauvran

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I did read his post. Actually I took the time to read every post in this thread. I didn't see the point in Imagination bringing Schine's finances in this as it was irrelevant to the discussion and the point he was making. But the rest...

-Roadmap. I agree with him to the point that the roadmap is a complete and utterly mess with no organization.
    -Servers Dying. I can see where he is coming from. But is this from the actual game population leaving or is it them moving over to private servers? I can see why if he was looking at public servers he would think that the games population is dying. If you played many years ago when Redshift and EE were active you would see that the player count on public servers has in fact gone down. That could be due to many reasons not limited to there being no good or reliable public servers to join. Having actual reliable public servers would help the game expand it's playerbase.
    Biggest reason I have seen and heard for why servers are going down is either because of the money involved or that the owners simply lost interest in the game or server management. I do not see how schine can help with that, well other than that official schine server that probably won't appear anytime soon

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol how is this topic not locked? o_O He mentioned the amount of money in the first post and got close-lined by a dev that knows they haven't released that info yet. Meantime the way this guy has been acting it sounds like some troll trying to draw all the attention on the forum to IT just because we'd ignore IT otherwise. >_>

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nope, no financial or population data and I dont care to find any. I also dont see how what i said was contradictory.
    I made the same point both times...the base is growing.
    Oops, my bad. Looking back at the posts it seems I misunderstood one of your responses.
    We're on the same page.

Anyway, I have to agree that we are beyond productive debate here.
    Lock please.
    MrFURB, Crusade, BearishMushroom, fire219

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    pls no lock
    I'm not out of popcorn yet

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    *Sigh* Again? (#34)
    I'm just popping in here to say 'Keep it cool, folks!' before any more people lose their cool over how to tie shoelaces or what color shirt is best or whatever the topic of the week is.
    In the future, please do show constructive criticism and try to keep an open mind when listening to solutions to the problems pointed out. For those of you who have participated in this kerfluffle, here is a useful link that may interest you and help you make your points clear for future socializing:

Gee, I sure learned a lot from that video. Thanks, internet!

In addition, I think I'll respond to the OP. In a mature manner. Maturely. Ma- Sorry, think I got something stuck in my throat.

FIX THE ROADMAP:
    The current roadmap essentially view the player as a single cog in an NPC powered universe, that is a terrible idea, the players are the ones giving you money, not the NPCs you need to give the players priority not the NPCs, this means things like better player interaction for example, not buggy NPC mining fleets that do not even work 95% of the time.
    From what I've seen of teasers and general development direction, the single player experience of Starmade aims to encapsulate a number of possibilities as far as player importance goes. Missions and exploration are mechanics that are centralized around the player being in one spot at a time with their attention on only their immediate circumstances in which case they ARE a small cog in an NPC powered universe. However, faction and diplomacy mechanics are also being developed in tandem which points towards the player (or players if on multiplayer) being a major power in the galactic climate. I for one am going to be looking forward to that balancing act, and will probably make a few threads about it myself in the future.

FIX SERVERS:
    As most of you know EI shut down recently, so did Elwyn Eternity (soon to come back as EE2.0) Redshift, Nasszone, all the good servers from back then at the games peak popularity, gone, why because servers are shit, admins have very little control over the server and they crash all the damn time.

Start by adding a text command line for StarMade Servers, dont force admins to log into a laggy server to fix lag that is preventing players from logging in.

And seriously, add an API for modding, put that shit at the front of the que, you do not need to stop working on your other stuff, just please, for the love of god give players the ability to fix your game and make more content, you could even update your EULA giving you the right to ownership of a mod, so you can add a mods feature in the main game, so no need to worry about someone making a mod for something you had planned, It's already been made for you!
    For servers: I uh... Don't have the knowledge of a server host. I do have the knowledge of a server player, however, and I am acutely aware of how immensely, completely, and totally volatile the game is when there is even a small hang or bug in it, what with the amount of data being worked with and number of potential interactions happening between all of it. I kinda-sorta agree with you that there should be some major overhauls to how servers are run to make it easier for the hosts, as evidenced by all the complaining in the past. I don't think that's the root of the issue though, just that it is the patchwork we're currently capable of putting over it. What I'd like to see kill most of the issues plaguing players on servers is a comprehensive bugsplat/optimization pass that stays optimized, unlike all the past ones that get messed up by new features and changes. There's my two cents.

FIX THE GAME:
    Schema and Schine, your gaming is dying, is it losing players because they feel like they have been screwed over for investing their time into what they think is a terrible game with terrible devs, I do not necessarily agree with this, however you need to get your shit together, look at some time ago back when StarMade was at its peak!
    Oh, I remember the good 'ole days, of D1000's and PLEXlanders. Back when the Hangman first reared it's planet-sized geometric head and wowed us with it's astonishing multi-million power regeneration. Sitting down with a few of the communities core members and going through multiple points in an effort to balance power, thrust, weaponry, and in general everything. Heck, I think that was what got me to finally make a forum account. My, my, how the game has fallen.
    Okay, yeah, in all seriousness, we go through lulls often. We went through one pre-yogswarm when Schema switched from a near-daily update schedule to larger but less frequent updates. It happened after the yogswarm and before the big weapons update, and it happens every time we go through an optimization cycle.
    Thing is though, we're not going through a lull right now. Not really. With the current environment we are at about what is normal, with plenty of people coming and going through chat and forums daily. The game is about as playable as it was a few months after the weapons update and the only times it's been MORE playable than that was pre-yogswarm. Of course this is all from memory which may be horribly skewed so it doesn't count for much.
    Game = Dead or Game = Not Dead is something that's been going on for every game for as long as I've been a part of internet communities, and I have learned to take it as evidence not that the game is dying, but that subsets of the game's population are disgruntled.

...Okay, there it is. Helpful, concise, polite. And if there is a single reply underneath mine that is not paying heed to the rules (Specifically 'Don't be a dick') then they might find their stay here to be short.

Reactions: Crusade

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Uh, just put a warning sign up warning forum users that popcorn levels of salt be here, and please click at your own discression. Maybe if people can get the rant out of their system these threads might decrease in number made per week. (Hopeful optimism)
    Another course of action instead of locking thread is to dump them into the off topic section. Nobody really goes there anyways right? Or make a subforum in the off topic labeled "dumping grounds" or something.
    Also merging these threads together might also be a solution, just a big "Rant Megathread", where one can go if they have free time and too much sanity.

Also Skylord you left me with a fit of the giggles, how could you.

And if there is a single reply underneath mine that is not paying heed to the rules (Specifically 'Don't be a dick') then they might find their stay here to be short.
    I take offense to the term and prefer the less derogatory word "Penis".