Read by Council Fix pirate stations!

Reaction score
    After a hard battle against a pirate station, I finally defeated it and realized that unfortunately pirate stations no longer have loot and they are nothing but scrap when salvaged.

Its not worth it to fight pirate stations anymore considering i could get just as much by scrapping a decayed station.

Please devs it makes no sense to have a fully functional station suddenly decay when defeated. Please make pirate stations salvageable and give them back the loot.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    After a hard battle against a pirate station, I finally defeated it and realized that unfortunately pirate stations no longer have loot and they are nothing but scrap when salvaged.

Its not worth it to fight pirate stations anymore considering i could get just as much by scrapping a decayed station.

Please devs it makes no sense to have a fully functional station suddenly decay when defeated. Please make pirate stations salvageable and give them back the loot.
    The problem is they are only as hard as the ship you are flying. Once you get a significantly large enough ship they are no challenge and then would just be free resources to gather even more. I do hope they will have proper loot, like stuff stored in chests and be made even harder and have actual fleets defending them and not just randomly spawning Isanths when they take damage. Oh and factions should be in certain areas and not just randomly scattered about. There are a lot of faction plans for the future so the pirates as we know them now will not be the same in the final game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    It needs something, for sure. I was disappointed when I disabled a pirate ship and started getting scrap. But the repair cost was 15M. I don't think the salvage would have been worth the repair/buy price.

Reaction score
    The problem is they are only as hard as the ship you are flying. Once you get a significantly large enough ship they are no challenge and then would just be free resources to gather even more. I do hope they will have proper loot, like stuff stored in chests and be made even harder and have actual fleets defending them and not just randomly spawning Isanths when they take damage. Oh and factions should be in certain areas and not just randomly scattered about. There are a lot of faction plans for the future so the pirates as we know them now will not be the same in the final game.
    To add to this a few of the stock stations you don't even need a good ship for. You can use a hastily thrown together stealth ship and a blowtorch.

I'd be up for stations being worth it loot wise but they need a difficulty buff before hand.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yeah, at this point, pirate stations are just summoning bells for pirate ships, which are the real loot source.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Please devs it makes no sense to have a fully functional station suddenly decay when defeated
    Decayed stations in general, make little sense. I think it was a terrible way to balance resource gathering. There has to be a better way to make "consuming" stations for resources less attractive than just turning all the blocks to scrap. Instead of a mysterious "decayed" status, the blocks should just be damaged and salvaging tweaked to have a chance of getting scrap based on the block damage.

Reaction score
    Decayed stations in general, make little sense. I think it was a terrible way to balance resource gathering. There has to be a better way to make "consuming" stations for resources less attractive than just turning all the blocks to scrap. Instead of a mysterious "decayed" status, the blocks should just be damaged and salvaging tweaked to have a chance of getting scrap based on the block damage.
    A better way to do this would be outlined in this thread. Recognized Change Salvaging Mechanics
    I really liked the whole idea, and it would definitely solve this issue.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah, at this point, pirate stations are just summoning bells for pirate ships, which are the real loot source.
    lol I like putting defense stations around pirate stations and having a Ion weapon armed ship to cause the pirates to spawn and get blown up. :)

Reactions: nightrune