fix current bugs after this major update

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    this isn't for a feature for the game this is more of a suggestion to clean house n all these bugs that are starting to become a real problem in this game because they are starting to add up now the main one is the systems on the ship from power, shielding, auxiliary and thrust not working at all and some systems not being connected

these issues really need to be addressed since we are your testers you should ether post pone the power update till you address these issues or fix it after I don't wont this to seem like I'm ranting but I want this game to succeed as a franchise and I hope this catches the attention of the shine team because all I can do is to hand you logs and do what I can as a gamer to help this game forward
    [doublepost=1503883789,1503883256][/doublepost]here is the bug at its most severe StarMade 8_27_2017 8_29_14 PM.png

Reaction score
    Welcome to my world, only time rendering doesnt work is after the 3rd login to a server :(

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Agreed. This and the player position desynch should probably be fixed before moving forward. They might not be a big deal to veterans who are used to dealing with this kind of thing and all know the fixes already, but they can seriously mess up the play experience if you don't know how to resolve them immediately.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Could you PM me a blueprint of the ship that had this problem (the one you've shown in that screenshot)?
    And what did you do specifically before noticing you had no power/thrust/etc? Just simply logging in or loading a sector and bam, it's all gone?
    Does it fix itself after re-logging or unloading/loading the sector again?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    TBH, I'd recommend waiting until after the weapon update, THEN doing a house-cleaning, bug-fixing rampage before continuing to new content.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    Could you PM me a blueprint of the ship that had this problem (the one you've shown in that screenshot)?
    And what did you do specifically before noticing you had no power/thrust/etc? Just simply logging in or loading a sector and bam, it's all gone?
    Does it fix itself after re-logging or unloading/loading the sector again?
    it mostly happens with all the ships and stations form small to large to very large ships these issues came to be from the build update I hope this helps I will provide some logs as well

Reaction score
    I haven't been able to reliably recreate these bugs yet.

I have had an issue on the cake server where roughly 20% of the time I undock a ship, the ship's thrusters quite granting any thrust to the ship. I can logoff and log back on and as soon as I spawn in the now briefly drifting ship everything works fine. I've gathered from some of the in game chat swearing that some of the other players have had this happen as well ;)

I've also had weapon computers disconnect from the core a few times, re-connecting the core and weapon comp fixes this.

Finally every once in a while a computer refuses to acknowledge it's connected to a system group. I've solved it in game by deleting the trouble comp and replacing it with a "new" block so to speak and reconnecting via shift-v.

Would my local log be of any help if this happens in the future? I had assumed, possibly incorrectly, that the developers would need the server side logs that I don't have access to for my bug report to be helpful.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4

I have had an issue on the cake server where roughly 20% of the time I undock a ship, the ship's thrusters quite granting any thrust to the ship. I can logoff and log back on and as soon as I spawn in the now briefly drifting ship everything works fine. I've gathered from some of the in game chat swearing that some of the other players have had this happen as well ;)

I've also had weapon computers disconnect from the core a few times, re-connecting the core and weapon comp fixes this.

Finally every once in a while a computer refuses to acknowledge it's connected to a system group. I've solved it in game by deleting the trouble comp and replacing it with a "new" block so to speak and reconnecting via shift-v.

Would my local log be of any help if this happens in the future? I had assumed, possibly incorrectly, that the developers would need the server side logs that I don't have access to for my bug report to be helpful.
    Have you tried rebooting your ship core with Y to see if it fixes these issues?

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    it mostly happens with all the ships and stations form small to large to very large ships these issues came to be from the build update I hope this helps I will provide some logs as well
    I assume it happens with all structures. I don't know the reason yet so my assumption could still be incorrect which is why I request a blueprint of this specific ship . I know the issue did occur on it without a doubt and I won't be wasting my time trying to reproduce it on a ship that might never get the issue no matter what I do.

Reaction score
    There is a weird power bug (at least in single player) where the power in a ship will start going up and down for no apparent reason, as if someone is shooting a weapon but they aren't. Sometimes this gets so bad that ship systems like thrust stop working. The power just goes to the bottom and goes up and down a tiny bit at the bottom. Restarting the game clears it up.

I figured this is such an obvious bug someone would have reported it by now. It seems to happen for hidden reasons that are hard to repeat and it seems to happen to any ship I enter when it is happening. The only way to repeat it is just to play for a while until it happens. I think it started shortly after the advance build mode update which was also setting up stuff for the new power. I assumed it was related to behind the scenes work on that.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive

Your local logs could be useful, but even more useful if we have both server and local logs together. We work close with most server admins, if this happens in game (on cake) note the time, and mention it in discord/phab/starmadedock pm so we can get the server logs as well.

Wolverines527

Warrior/Builder
    Reaction score
    why wont any of the blueprints load the smd file I send is there any other way to get it to you -_-0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I am sure the devs already have this information but here is what I have noticed.

I have seen this issue with thrust, jump drives, power reactors, salvagers, and even salvagers. It seems like anything with a computer controlling modules can be effected but i havent tested anything. If it happens with a comp controlled system it can be fixed by simply replacing the comp and shift + v the modules, however for thrust or power the entire ship needs to be rebuilt. The most interesting bit is that when I have noticed an issue the connected modules usually have the old purple pulsing effect on them as if some remnent of the old system is still being called in the code. One last thing that may be helpfull is knowing that the problem doesnt always effect every system of a certain type. example: the first time i saw the issue was on a ship with two fairly large jump drives (not a chain drive but autocharged to 90%) one drive was working fine and the other had the purple pulsing effect and was not.

im not sure if it is a random occurance or maybe the first or last system in some kind of array it would need to be tested with more drives then two.

I should also point out the issue isnt saved with blueprints I tried printing a blueprint from a broken(thrust) ship and the new one worked fine.