First ship and diagonal turret

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Worked a bit on the interior hangar, i'm fairly satisfied. I'm probably going to work on making missiles turret on the bottow ridge now.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Worked a bit on the interior hangar, i'm fairly satisfied. I'm probably going to work on making missiles turret on the bottow ridge now.

Much nicer interior, however, I would suggest adding some more textures to the floor, such as thrusters to direct the length/width, or something similar. In general, add some more to the floor to differentiate it some more.

Reaction score
    Could you tell us when is it compete or at least the current weapon systems?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm with you there Locus about the turrets. I can't wrap my head around them for some reason though.

Any thoughts on making a tutorial on how to do them lethargie??? Pretty please with Sapsun on it? ;-)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, I'm alive, it just so happen that life... happen.
    I was fairly unsatisfied with the front of the ship so i took a pause and other stuff happened. But I think I might try to hop back on in the following week.

As for the turret I am happy someone find them ingenious. I will try to make a tutorial in the future.

Here are some hint in case I dont come back soon enought:
    The turret is built as a normal, flat turret. There is a base, and a somewhat sperical ball with the gun barrel on it.
    1)The first trick is that the the conector on the base toward the ship is not actually physicaly contiguous with the base, ill call it the turret "root" a one block column if you will. You can see it in some earlier picture. The base itself is only a ring at the lvl of the ship, this serves to hide the space necessary for the ball to rotate throught the hull
    2) The connector on the ship is simply rotated at 45 degree and has a speed controler set to zero.
    3) the last part, the tricky one, is to find a good length between the turret "root" and the turret base. The length of a diagonal block is obviously not equal to the length of a block. I think I took a 7 block long root+diagonalship connector and made a 10 base/10 height hull triangle to get a flush feel between hull surface and turret. Of course, I would need to check back actual measures. I remember wasting way to many time with a small practice ship trying to get the right length.