Fighter advice

Mel

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm currently building a carrier but had to halt production because I need to ifrst have fighters to store and launch from it. I've made several prototypes but this one is the best so far.

Mass: 62.6

Length:15

Height: 7

Width: 16

I have several problems with this ship.

1. It turns slowly. The whole point of making these tiny fighters is that they are menuverable and agile. I thought that with it's slow mass it would turn only slightly slower than a naked core. Of course I'm not saying that it is unusably slow like my still unfinished carrier, but slightly slower than I'd want.

2. Little firepower. I guess I might just be used to chaingun like AMCs that dominate everything in their path but the slow rate of fire and the 160 damage per hit (Unmoddified) is a little disturbing to me. When I say slow rate of fire I mean about half the speed of a pirate.

Hopefully this won't get buried because I want to know what you all have to say.

Thanks

-Mel

Reaction score
    Remember that you can adjust weapon values to suit your role. Try adding AMCs and thrusters until moving and shooting can deplete power. Then , adjust the damage/range/rof/projectile speed values depending on your combat style. If you\'re going after large ships , you can forfeit range and speed in favor of damage alone , to deplete their shielding with sustained fire. If you\'re fighting pirates , it may be useful to focus on ranged fire and dodging theirs. Increase the rate of fire to deal with station turrets , to shred them as fast as possible when you swoop in - it won\'t matter if that consumes all your power.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I usually find that a good mass for fighters is 50, and that in order ot make the most useful fighter you need to rely moreso on a few shielding blocks for good starting capacity rather than too much hull that adds to your mass and slows you down. Keep fighters/bombers/drones lean and mean, and they\'ll put out some good hurting.