Factory Additions Pack

Reaction score
    So this will most likely be my last post for awhile, since I feel bad for "spamming" the past couple of days. I'm not here to garner attention nor do I need it. I am here to learn, have fun, blow s*** up, and learn some more. With that said, I've tried my hand at modding the last three days, working more or less straight through the days, in an attempt to come up with something I could only hope at least one other person will enjoy. Without further ado, I present:

*PS: Bug Reports will responded too and fixed, in regards to my opening.*

Factory Additions

Basically, this mod will add two new Factory Blocks: The Advanced Particle Press and the Atomic Paint Shop. Both come with their own Icons (Sort of, they're no Mona Lisas, I threw them together quickly so I could get to testing.) and I've used a sort of jerry-rig system of textures to make sure I'm using as much default imagery as possible, but still giving the blocks a somewhat unique appearance when they are actually placed.

And with these two new blocks, comes a boat load of recipes. Currently, the total amount of recipes added comes to 168. That may sound like a lot, but a lot of them are essentially the same. For example, the Atomic Paint Shop is capable of producing a new item which has been added, Paint Remover, and strip paint from any colored block, reverting it to its natural Grey state. So there's 8 recipes already, not to mention the Hardened Hull variants, Wedges, etc.

All the recipes are provided in the What'sNew.txt (Essentially the Readme), so I'll cut that part short and summarize the two new factory blocks purposes, which by the way, ARE capable of being connected with original Factory Type Blocks.

Advanced Particle Press: Meant for tougher recipes than the regular Particle Press, this Factory can cut Hull pieces into Corners or Wedges, and put them back together if need be. Amongst a few other things.

Atomic Paint Shop: Provides a means to make sure you always get the color you want. Capable of producing Paint Remover to strip paint off of Hulls, and painting Hardened Hulls with a few extra materials needed for the sealing process. To paint regular Hulls, you must still use the regular recipes in their original Factory Block.

Neither of these blocks can be store bought, and must be crafted/forged in a Schemadyne 30000. However, the Paint Remover can be made or store bought. Anyways, all of this is covered in the Readme, so I'll leave the most important bit here for the end.

Disclaimer: I cannot and will not be held liable for any harm this Modification may cause to your StarMade, your house, or your pool or anything else. Use at your own risk. By proceding to install you agree to this disclaimer.

Important: Please do not use this while playing MP if the server doesn't support it. It could cause horrible side effects or crash the server, and nobody wants that. Please respect the community, respect the servers, use this on your own time, and responsibly. Should a server so happen to implement and okay it, great, but if not, your cooperation is appreciated.

• Mod Version: 0.24
    • StarMade Version: 0.092749

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39688260/StarMade%20Work/FactoryAdditions.zip

Hotfixes:

1. Fudged how FactoryInputEnhancers behave, don't know how I missed it before. Fixed now.
    2. Forgot to include Paint Remover in the newest update. Fixed.
    3. Paint Remover Icon Fixed.
    4. Long standing behavioral issue between New Factory Blocks and Factory Input Enhancers corrected. All should function together as intended now.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Client mods are not supported atm. So if you want to use it the server and all clients have to have the same config.
    I plan for the server to distribute the file to clients (if it differs from vanilla) in the future

Reaction score
    Well that\'s a relief, because honestly, I didn\'t like the idea of servers getting boned because of a singular person using this.
    I like the idea for the future, it will only make it easier for people to play and continue to play on their favorite servers should they implement things when/if they come around (Admin Utilities/Panels, Blocks, etc etc, all the usual stuff a majority of people love to mod).