factions not protecting at all

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i had a base some ass hats came and shot at it it was set to home so invincible right yup they couldnt dmg it so they just got out and unbuilt their way in found my faction block and poped it by hand. with that sort of thing possible you may as well just make a single player game cause multiplayer is fucked.i know im done.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    All faction assets have always been and still are immune to anyone else modifying it, including people getting in by hand.

Are you sure you had it factioned? Was your faction open or private? Are you sure one of the enemies wasn\'t a traitor?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    i was in the faction alone i know it was claimed and homed because he fired on it no dmg got out his ship and just unbuilt his way in and found my faction block unbuit it and ploped down his own. i never have the faction on open but he was also in his own faction thus not in mine. im telling you it was a hacker who simply bypassed the protections.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey Bud:

Is this what happened to you???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GduOvfGOY-s#t=675

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    and the fact that you joined today I would have to assume you are one of the 2 in the video who hacked the game. Also obviously it was him in the video. Do you read? He used the same IGN and forum name. Also this needs to be addressed.

Reaction score
    Yes, there is a hack that allows anyone to remove modules from your ship, faction home, anything, shops even. If you are in the ship they can take it apart, your faction home can be shot up and destroyed, ships undocked...etc Permissions/protections mean nothing. In the same way you can tell the server what blocks you have and it then assumes you actually do have those blocks.

Here is a video that was posted http://youtu.be/GduOvfGOY-s?t=3m47s

The base being destroyed is mine, it was a faction home, and all areas around there had faction blocks. I\'m not angry about the base.But I am pretty dissipointed that the same problem with minecraft is repeated with starmade, where clients can tell the server what items they have and what permissions they have with no protection against that.

Reaction score
    Mr theimmatureguy. If you would not use that language on the forums it would benefit you well. to become that defensive and agitated over a comment makes you look suspicios and while i doubt you are either of the people in that video when you act like that others will think otherwise. Just a friendly tip.

On to the actual info on this problem yes there are hacks that can do this. really the mistake that causes this to happen so easily is that the game relys too much on client side assistance when on a server. Schema needs to make the servers more independant and not need as much from starmade clients on multiplayer. all that a server should need from a client is the actions the player is doing and when they are hapening. nothing else. saddly this isn\'t the case and it causes so many bugs. it can cause ships to miss huge chunks, block trapping, and even more. another game that over relys on clients for their servers is BF3 which has its biggest glitch be that if you shoot at something on screen even if you are lagging it causes it to die anyway. No multiplayer ever benefits from being so reliant on clientside support when the server shouldn\'t need it. Schema please make the servers rely less on clients and more on itself. Even if you need to take a page from something like minecraft which had fixed this a long time ago then get some help with it or do it yourself but the game will never work right on multiplayer if you keep the servers so dependant. (all of this leads up to the fact that one of the other glitches that is caused by this problem is how easy it is to hack and break things like factioned bases and whatnot.)