faction warfare, automatic hostility toggle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Can we get a automatic change to warfare between factions when they do the following (when any member of one faction does this to another member or faction base/claimed ship et cetera)
    1. Attacks/steals (by removal of faction block by weapons fire) Faction tagged base, planet, ship
    2. Attacks/Steals non-Faction tagged base, planet or ship of faction member
    3. Shoots any faction member
    4. Have a tick box to allow for auto hostility or not for a faction - a peacenik faction migh tnot want to go to war on the slightest provocation - good idea fellas
    5.......any other ideas fellas

Reaction score
    it seems kinda random as i appear to be at war with many factions i have never heard of...

Reaction score
    There would have to be a more in-depth system for this, you wouldn\'t want someone getting recruited and then just going and blasting a neutral faction to cause them to be at war, but you also would not want someone to be able to abuse the system and just keep everyone at recruit level to keep their attacks from triggering a state of war.
    The current system seems to arbitrarily designate enemies and allies when a faction is created, that would have to be repaired as well.
    The ideas you suggest (attacking another faction\'s members/stations/ships/installations, stealing another faction\'s ships/claimed materiel) would be sufficient triggers, and the general idea of faction warfare being improved would be most beneficial to future gameplay.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The current Faction-system is just a basic system to provide some protection. Schema already hinted that it will be overhauled/detailed at a later point.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    and this is well known, thanks. i\'m layign down a suggestion for when he does. next youll be telling me its still in alpha ....