Extremely Large Shipyard anyone?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic. I just wish what I wanted to build was smaller and sectors were about 3000 blocks big.
    You can always /sector_size 10000 if you want, in singleplayer; sectors get a ton bigger. It also makes the universe a lot prettier because planets are no longer right next to one another. Problem is, that will do you no good when you try to load your shipyard or ship on a server. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The default rung separation is 50m, and as far as I'm aware, there are no size restrictions other than the (soon to be fixed) bug Ithirahad mentioned.

Ithirahad: Do you happen to know more about that? Bug tracker issue number? I haven't had that happen to me yet, but I haven't been using shipyards that much either.
    T658

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    One thing I don't know: Is it possible to make the shipyard rings go horizontal along a ship instead of vertical? It'd save a lot of materials, if it was form-made to fit one type of ship.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    One thing I don't know: Is it possible to make the shipyard rings go horizontal along a ship instead of vertical? It'd save a lot of materials, if it was form-made to fit one type of ship.
    As long as it fits the rules you can have them horizontally if you like. I routinely build shuttle construction bays this way.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    As long as it fits the rules you can have them horizontally if you like. I routinely build shuttle construction bays this way.
    So we just have to be sure to place the core anchors in the right orientation, right? If so, that's Great!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    If you think about it, it's probably more resource-conservative, that's a cool thing to do. You only need two or three rings instead of, say, 10. WHooO!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah; the system is surprisingly flexible if you are clever with it... If only there weren't so many bugs :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yeah; the system is surprisingly flexible if you are clever with it... If only there weren't so many bugs :p
    Sshhhh... Do not anger the cat. It will be fixed, it's all part of his meowster plan.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Sshhhh... Do not anger the cat. It will be fixed, it's all part of his meowster plan.
    Some of the larger bugs are already fixed in dev, particularly the bug that gets stuff cut off of ships.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Did someone say "large shipyard"?

1400m long iirc

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, personally I rather go for some humble beginnings. ;)

Greets,

Jan