Extremely choppy lag and ping on a single-player game

Reaction score
    Its hard to pinpoint exactly when my performance issues started but it was around the time before the website was updated and the 32 pixel textures were being added. But nonetheless my fps shoots from 10 to 70 all the time even when I'm standing still. It's unplayable to say the least and extremely annoying because I used to play this game very often. I can't even build the smallest ship now, even though I used to build enormous space stations all the while maintaining 60fps.

Furthermore my ping keeps shooting up to excess of 300 creating lag, in a single-player game. I understand how forcing every game to create a server can make it easier to set up multi-player games but to have my own game have 3 seconds lag before a block appears when I'm not even hosting a multi-player game is ridiculous.

I can no longer play Star-Made because of these problems. I've turned all my graphical settings right the way down, and fiddled with the memory settings to give my game room to handle all the updates; but every time I start it up I'm inundated by error messages like server not responding. What server? My server? The server I'm 'connecting' to on a LAN connection? The ping should be 0 at all times.

Please focus on optimisation in the near future because all the fun has been sucked out of it for me. Or let me know if there's a magical fix all setting because how can I build a planet buster when a ship core is enough to destroy my fps?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game is much better optimized than this, it's definitely a computer specific issue. Did the problem start after you updated the game? Or was it unconnected to that?

Reaction score
    That's the exact memory I've assigned but unfortunately it made no difference.

The problem didn't occur at this update it happened quite a while ago, but I never thought to post until now because I assumed when I first tried it that it was just a screw-up and a hotfix would come out. Like I said I can't remember the exact update but it was around the time all games were converted to servers, the 32x32 textures were being added, and before the website update.

For reference here's my specs.

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

AMD Athlon II x2 2.8GHz 220

Geforce GTS450

Windows 7 64-bit (I have 32-bit and 64-bit Java installed, update 55)

Not a very good spec, but I used to be able to max this game out with this set-up. I know graphically there have been updates like shadows etc but I've got everything right the way down.

I'm going to try reinstalling the game anyway.

Reaction score
    It's not something I can really compile and report. I have reinstalled now and tried again and after leaving it for 10 minutes it calmed down a bit but I kept getting flooded with errors about physics. I went to a planet to test how well it ran and for the second time in a row 10 Isanths were orbiting it and the game became a slideshow.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Modder
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You are able to post your log files to the bug site yknow? Also when posted there it can go through a proper process of being confirmed, worked on and eventually fixed.

EDIT: all that is needed on the bug tracker is basically what you posted here ;)

Reaction score
    Well I sent a report, but it's not like I crash or anything. I just get brought down to slideshow frame rates.