Extreme Ping Issue

Reaction score
    Our server console, log.txt and serverlog.txt all have zero of these problem log entries - it was all client-side log spam for us.
    Same. I ran grep -ri "NOT FOUND MULT INVENTORY" on both the server and my PC. No matches on the server, about 44 million matches on my desktop. I assume its the same issue. How'd you fix it? I applied the hot-fix and I don't think my sector size has changed.

Erth Paradine

Server Admln & Bug Reporter
    Reaction score
    Same. I ran grep -ri "NOT FOUND MULT INVENTORY" on both the server and my PC. No matches on the server, about 44 million matches on my desktop. I assume its the same issue. How'd you fix it? I applied the hot-fix and I don't think my sector size has changed.
    Cleared your client cache?

Reaction score
    Cleared your client cache?
    In my troubleshooting I deleted the entire game and reinstalled. Wasn't aware there was an elegant way to clear contextual game flies? Could you specify what exactly you mean by clear the cache?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    There is a tool from the in game menu under 'tools' that clears the client cache. It is used to fix things like bad sector loads sometimes.

Erth Paradine

Reaction score
    In my troubleshooting I deleted the entire game and reinstalled. Wasn't aware there was an elegant way to clear contextual game flies? Could you specify what exactly you mean by clear the cache?
    Screen Shot 2016-07-13 at 3.38.02 PM.png

Reaction score
    Zedrackis's description was good enough. I've done that now. I am going to try and play it for 20 minutes or so. If the game is playable. Then applying the hot-fix and clearing the cache is the solution to this problem.
    [doublepost=1468450509,1468449726][/doublepost]Okay. So the solution to this problem is to clear the cache having applied the hot-fix. The game is easily playable now.

Reaction score
    Still having the problem on Brierie. Was able to login, and roam around our base, but then it just hitched up lag and FPS went down, and crashed again, guess it's not fixed yet on their end...

Erth Paradine

Reaction score
    Still having the problem on Brierie. Was able to login, and roam around our base, but then it just hitched up lag and FPS went down, and crashed again, guess it's not fixed yet on their end...
    Yea, we had smooth sailing for ~12 hours on our server as well, and then clients started seeing the bug again.

Reaction score
    What is funny is that my personal server is not having any issues at all. I run the server in the background on my laptop and "remote" into it using my own public IP through a port forward I set up in my router, so network performance should be an issue there too. Yet I get no problems running the game, it is working just fine. I've updated both my server and my client with the hotfix, as soon as it was released, and there is no problem as far as I can tell (FPS seems to be mostly stable and ping remains in acceptable levels at all times).

Of course, my personal server is only intended for private use, and can only support a very limited number of players (I've currently set it to 5 clients to accomodate my faction mate and a few guests, if need be) since it is not running on server-dedicated hardware.

Last edited:

Sachys

Hermit.
    Reaction score
    Right now it seems I'm the only person able to logon to the server I play on (admins included). Haven't had any issues at all since deleting the shop modules.
    I know thats of no help to those of you unable to play, but for those that can, I suggest you try it. I've even replaced the modules now, and still no ill effects.

Reaction score
    Well, there was some improvement, I was able to log onto Brierie, play completely normally for half an hour, and then it started going derpy again with the same symptoms as before...

I checked logs and it's exactly the same as before...

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Issue has been found, a hot fix for that should be released within 1-2 hours from now. Thanks for bringing it up!

Reactions: kikaha