explosive effect doesnt explode???!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Explosive effect right now does not explode. It...... spreads to the immediate blocks touching the point of impact. It should EXPLODE. kinda like the missiles do. but not as big a radius. 3 or 4 blocks maybe? this would make it a slightly more effective weapon.

Endal

Ex Torpedo Researcher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Increasing the explosive radius to 3-4 increases the number of blocks destroyed by 23 to 45 times the penetration.
    This is only taking into account the cylindrical hole.
    Even a minor penetration of 14m is blown to 396 to 703 blocks, if you use beam this number of blocks will be destroyed every second.
    Imagine, the lag.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    It's a setting that is currently disabled in config due to engine limitations, but they plan (or planned) to give explosive 10r at 100% effect

because holyfuclag, with just 1r explosive cannons or beams are already pretty laggy compared to other effects, so likely wont see this change for a while methinks.

Speaking of.. Since the last round of block dmg optimisations how has the (iirc delayed) explosive effect optimisations been going? From what i remember that particular patch was a large improvement for all weapons damage lag (though i believe missile optimisations were also delayed but did make it in eventually via lockstep? fuzzy) with the exception of explosive effect cannons & beams.

These have been pretty much my primary block damage armament lately, even more so since the addition of wireless support for bobby modules (allowing stagger activation of alpha damage turrets). Of course the fps drop & associated UI lag is pretty brutal when they're grinding something up. I am on a laptop but I do handle predominately high pen (punch or pierce) based weapons fire noticeably better once the shields drop.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i am not necessarily saying to increase the damage radius of the explosive effect, what i am saying is that it should have a similar damage effect that missiles have, but a much smaller radius. After some testing it seems that missiles will damage more than one unconnected entity, while the explosive effect on a cannon will only cause damage to the first entity that it hits even if another, separate, entity is only 1 block away from the point of impact