Exiting game inside of a star breaks game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've done some testing on three different servers now, and exiting the game while inside of a star essentially makes it impossible for you to play on the server you do it on ever again, as far as I can tell. When you attempt to rejoin the server, you log in with a black screen (save for the small FPS counter and such in the top left) and absolutely no UI.

I joined one of the servers on two different computers with two different characters to see if my "bugged" character was even able to interact or communicate, but it appears that the bugged character isn't even able to spawn because the button is either unresponsive or non-existant.

I've also searched around and found a few other people describing the exact same issues after they logged out inside of stars, but noone posted any solutions or gave the posts much attention.

Edit: Additional testing has revealed that server restarts don't help one bit (for myself or the other effected I know), so please stop PMing me with such.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I\'m still unable to join either of my favorite servers because of this bug, and the admins of said servers have assured me that they\'ve done everything they can.

I can\'t be the only one who\'s ever quit the game inside of a star.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I just encountered the same issue as of 10/21/2013. Can\'t log in to my primary server at all. We\'ve tried everything mentioned in the above post.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    I have the Fix for this, but you will lose your credits and block you had on you at the time.

You can use Faction Join command after to regain control of ships and stations

Remember to promote yourself to Founder too :D

Open /StarMade/server-database

locate the file with your player name that reads:

ENTITY_PLAYERSTATE_playername.ent

and delete it.

now you will be a new player at 2 2 2 and still on the admin list (if you were before) so now do your commands to get your stuff back :D