Bug Excessive Debris Crashes All Game Processes

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I wanted to test my firepower, so I started shooting at asteroids. After a bunch of the debris particles built up from the destroyed blocks, the entire game crashed without warning and without any error message. I checked the task manager and absolutely no process was left running related to to the game.

This happens every time a large quantity of debris accumulates after sustained fire.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Reduce the debris despawn timing in the options to 0 and test it again.
    That should disable debris.
    Maybe that solves the problem for you .. from there you can go up in seconds to see what goes and what not!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Additional to what SmilingDemon suggested you could also have a look at the menu Options / Memory Settings of the Launcher.
    If you have more then 4Gb Ram available you could give the game more memory space for running and see if that helps.

Greets,

Jan

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Alright, these seem like good temporary fixes, but I can't find where to change the debris values.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    While in game press Esc -> goto Options -> General Tab ->under graphics -> "Lifetime (secs) of debris (0 to turn off)

Maybe your pc isnt powerful enough to handle all those floating objects ... i just checked and can punch through asteroids and produce clouds of debris without problems!

Reaction score
    Debris are supposed to despawn when the game notices lag. Can you provide a log file of said crash, maybe this can be fixed?
    Directly after the crash, log.txt.0 is the right one.

ResonKinetic

SPICY hot dog child
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    my PC is plenty powerful enough. This is a recent problem and there is no frame drop or any indication of lag. The game just suddenly closes without a trace. I'll check that log file when I get the chance.

EDIT:

okay I figured it out

it wasn't the debris. I had break-off enabled.

guess that feature's still super-buggy.

Last edited: