Error

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My friend keeps getting "Critical Error: Socket Write Error" whenever he tries to run the game. Single player and multiplayer, happens almost immediately. He has tried running it as an administrator and it doesnt help. Can you help?

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Can he send me the logs (use the BugAndCrashReport.jar in the starmade directory)?
    But from the sound of it, this feels like a firewall issue for me. The game establishes a connection in single as well as in multiplayer (in single player that connection is only local and never leaves the computer, but if the firewall forbids java to make any connections, that might be the problem). Check in your firewall settings, if javaw.exe is allowed to do connections, or try to switch off the firewall (but only to test, leaving it off is a bad idea).
    I hope, that helps,
    - schema

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    We tried the firewall thing and it still crashed, so he sent in the report. Thanks for your quick reply.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Thanks for the report.
    I can't really tell, what is going wrong as the error that java throws indicates, that the connection got interrupted or closed suddenly.
    Can you send me a report after a single player game crashes, so I have the log of the server. Maybe I can find something there.
    I'll do my best to get it running for you,
    cheers,
    - schema

Reaction score
    Does he have the 64-bit version of java if he got windows seven 64bit ?
    ( I had many crashed for no reasons all the time, just because i was running it on java 32bit with windows 64bit )

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Hi,
    I didn't receive an Error report after the first one. Thats really strange, maybe it's because of the same problem. The best way would be if he sent me his logs manually: Please tell him to Zip the /StarMade/logs folder and send it to schema at star-made.org
    Sorry, that it still doesn't work :(
    cheers,
    schema

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Sorry mate,
    there has been no incoming report. I just tested, if there is anything wrong with the reporting tool, but everything seems to be ok. Maybe try it manually.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When i run the ga.me it pops up a window that says Critical error. Then it says Socket expecion: Connection reset. And i can play even in single player

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Have the same problem except the error is \"SocketException: Address Family not supported by protocol family: connect\"

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When I run the game it pops up a window that says Critical error. Then it says Socket expecion: Connection reset. No news or updates show. Single player works fine. I cannot uplink to starmade.org though.