Bug Err...help?

Reaction score
    So yeah, Starmade was working fine lol. I leave the game, come back later, try to start playing Starmade again, and a message popped up entitled "Critical Error" that said:

Exception: Sorry :(, the system failed to load player. Possible data corruption detected. You may need to remove your player state from the StarMade/server-database directory, or reset the universe

Um what? I don't even... lol
    But yeah, if I could get some help that would be great as I would rather not reset my universe. Even if I did though, it is probably bound to happen again, so I would appreciate a fix for this.
    Also it appears I'm the only one to have this problem? I checked the forums, but was unable to find a similar thread lol

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Do you have a recent backup?

I haven't seen this one.

What happens if you enter your universe under a different name?

fire219

1200° Plasma
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just looks like run of the mill data corruption, that happens at random.

Deleting that will not remove any entities (ships, stations, asteroids...) in the universe, but it will make you return to the spawn sector, with no credits and only the blocks you started the universe with.

Reaction score

Deleting that will not remove any entities (ships, stations, asteroids...) in the universe, but it will make you return to the spawn sector, with no credits and only the blocks you started the universe with.
    Haha yes I actually knew that already. The problem is, I had literally just earned millions of credits, and almost everything I had was pretty much in my inventory as I had just taken everything apart to build a "Mothership" xD

However I suppose it is better than resetting the universe, as it is a pretty good starting point. But at the same time, I had bought ALL the hardened hull from pretty much all the nearby shops xD

e.g. I'm screwed.

Whatever, I can build another ship, harvest another space station, find more hardened hull, and find where my barely built, work in progress space ship is... right? xD Thanks for trying to help though, I appreciate it. It may be a pain, but I did spawn next to 2 abandoned space stations and a pirate station, so I guess it could be worse :)

Reaction score

Alright, I'm gonna need a solution that isn't removing my playerstate, because I literally did this: deleted my playerstate, played some StarMade on the same world, got really, really far again. Then I come back the next day, and the same message popped up. And I'm gonna bet that if I delete my playerstate again, the same thing will just keep happening D: Seriously, this is kind of absurb, why does it keep doing this?! :( :( :( HAAAAALP I just wanna play Starmade D:

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I tried this and now apparently im missing the planet where i was building. im sure im in the same system and ive checked all the planets but the one im sure i was on is missing. any way to help with this?

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Thread necromancy ^^

What exactly did you try for exactly what problem ?