'Engineer Girl Skin' - Complete!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Middle/Second option it is! The first and second I liked the most, the third was okay in concept, but doesn't look as goon in execution, nevertheless I had to try different options to give each idea a chance. :) Thanks for your help, everyone.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    UpdateImage1.png

This is probably one of the last updates I will give for this skin before releasing it. At this point the large pieces are where I want them, but I'm still flexible on details. Also, I have yet to begin shading or in game testing, that means likely things will look more refined after I've done shading and the in game testing will make sure that all the pieces are function and don't look too strange.

EGskinhelp2.png EgHelmHelp2.png

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i like that this is going to come out soon, i can finally switch to it when it does.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    - Completed Skin -

EngineerGirl1SkinImage1.png
    WIP - Complete!
    After the last update I added some shading, and tweaked some areas after in game testing (You'll find the chest region was moved down a bit, this was due to my realization that this skin was originally started when I had just begun making female skins, and on the first female skins I had placed the chest too high. I didn't realize this until doing last minute checks before throwing it in game that it would look silly if I left it as it was.

Note - This skin is also posted under community content, so it can be found here or there.

For those of you that may be new to changing your skin, here's how you make this skin yours in StarMade.
    1. Open your launcher, click "start game" which next prompts the Connection Setup Window to open.
    2. Under the "Modding" tab at the top, select "Create Custom Skin"
    3. Take the four skin files you downloaded here (or in Community Content) and place each one into the appropriately labled slot. Emission files (the second and fourth slot) I mark with a "_em" at the end, the rest of the files should be self-explanatory in their naming.
    4. After inputting your files, hit okay, StarMade will ask if you want this to become your new default skin, say yes/okay, and then you may continue on to play the game as normal (except wearing this new skin!)

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Ooh, that looks really nice. I never really considered myself much of a fan of steam punk, but lately I've been starting to appreciate it more.

When I was looking at just the flat textures of it, it reminded me a lot of Guns of Icarus. Is that possibly an inspiration behind the skin or merely coincidence? (Guns of Icarus is super fun and one of the reasons I'm starting to like steam punky stuff more.)

In any case, it looks really nice, I'll probably end up using this, thanks. :)

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Ooh, that looks really nice. I never really considered myself much of a fan of steam punk, but lately I've been starting to appreciate it more.

When I was looking at just the flat textures of it, it reminded me a lot of Guns of Icarus. Is that possibly an inspiration behind the skin or merely coincidence? (Guns of Icarus is super fun and one of the reasons I'm starting to like steam punky stuff more.)

In any case, it looks really nice, I'll probably end up using this, thanks. :)
    Glad you like it! It is actually a coincidence. I was browsing deviant art for either fun, or inspiration, and found an image that caught my eye, and then I had to run into Photoshop and start putting down pixels. I didn't know it would necessarily become steam punk, but with the leather, it seemed appropriate to try that direction. You'll notice more skin/skin tone showing in that image than on the skin, I've been avoiding actual skin showing by design because I want the skin to work for people who want to feel like they're wearing a functional (or stylized) space suit as well as for those who just want to look cool. In any case, back to the point. That image was the inspiration, I looked at it one day, put down some pixels, then it may have been days, or even months before I went back to it. I didn't look at that image again until now, as my own imagination went from there.