Enemy detection systems for FOF missile launch

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I noticed the enemy detection systems posted in the community content > ships.
    Set one of these up to use the 1.6 x sector size missile systems and use it to activate your missile/missile systems. You can save a lot of space and it should look better.

Normally missile turrets will only fire weapons if the target is in-front of it. Which meant you had to have a turret system that could rotate to face the target. Now you can setup missile/missile systems and link the enemy detector to launch the missiles on auto so you now don't need rotating turrets. You can now have fixed launchers built into the hull that will auto engage. You and still also add a hotbar manual fire button.

Should look and act like proper VLS missile tubes. This should look awesome on capital ships. Especially when the NPCs send a wave in that spawns around you.

PS if you have the slave missile computer with 0 blocks you should get a single auto homing missile with the same speed as a normal missile.....rather than 20 really slow ones....

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    PS if you have the slave missile computer with 0 blocks you should get a single auto homing missile with the same speed as a normal missile.....rather than 20 really slow ones....
    That's how my weapon modules work, very effective :)

But I wouldn't use this system without an enable switch on ships to prevent friendly fire.
    This is perfect as an additional auto defence system on stations. In the past I triggered the heat seeker when a big turret got lost.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    That's how my weapon modules work, very effective :)

But I wouldn't use this system without an enable switch on ships to prevent friendly fire.
    This is perfect as an additional auto defence system on stations. In the past I triggered the heat seeker when a big turret got lost.
    I find using lots of these fired in sequence works a lot better than swarms as it provides a constant stream of missiles that target independently :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    My modules fire one missile per second, each module has 100k DPS and my planned ship has at least 10 modules installed.
    Who dares to come close will feel the power ;)

Using 20 computers with one output and 0 slave as much better than 1 computer with one output and 100% slave, that is sure. Especially because it doesn't matter if shot by logic or manual.
    Firing these in 4 waves á 5 missiles looks also cooler than at once.
    Optimal is to have 15 waves firing every second, because so you need the least amount of powercaps.

I'm still waiting for an update that makes Jammer usable by the AI. I'm a fan of free floating defence satellites.
    A jammed satellite with heat seeker modules and an enemy detection system would be very powerful.

Reactions: iceman6491
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wouldn't what appears to be an accuracy increase for anti missile defence turrets find it easier to deal with a chained missiles like that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I havent tested them with the new updated PDT's so i couldnt tell you, but its an overwhelming stream, with a missile fired every 0.5s. Its best employed against drone swarms in my opinion, as you dont get all 5million of your one shot swarmer going after one drone, instead the missiles independently target and the 'current target' is forced to refresh every 0.5s

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    The point defence turrets have no chance against this missiles.
    If both, the shooting ship and the target, would stand still, maybe the turrets could take down the missiles.
    But if both are moving it seems to be impossible because the missiles are flying different paths in all possible angles.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If I radar jam my ship wouldn't the missile fired at me fly in straight lines allowing the anti missile turrets to take them out. But do FOF missile still home in on jammed targets? In which case its still and issue at that point you have a better chance of taking down missiles with large numbers of inaccurate weapons?