Enemies ships and turret Ai

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Got the game and love it so far except for one detail , enemies ship dont even shoot you with the max distance of their weapons , I understand the Ai is a simple search and destroy code but damn if i can pick up 5 enemies ship from a distance without even moving and recieving a shot it get kinda dull. So yhea if you could try to modify that the game would be more challenging and entertaining in my humble opinion. Also, keep up the good work Schema you're so close to having the best space game that have ever been published.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    one word: Alpha, Demiosis!
    But schema still claims that the AI is tough if unchained.. (you might have noticed that also their speed is capped at \"snails pace\")
    Schema, Im still open to experience the proof for that bold claim! =)

Reaction score
    I remember that conversation where he said it was limited but would kick our A$$ if he let it. (however seeing is beliving, and i dont see it)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I dunno, popping into a sector to be swarmed by five enemy vessels circling and ramming you while tearing away at you with five times your firepower... It might be a bit tough if you\'re not in something huge or with friends. It would limit a player\'s ability to travel quickly, so I say we keep it this way until we have alternate forms of long-distance travel. Then we can make pirates OP.

Oh, here\'s an idea: we make the pirates near the galactic core easy, and the pirates further away harder. That way it is essentially the players choice of if they want to stay in the highly populated/mined core or go off into the unknown where pirates reign supreme...

Reaction score
    after i posted i had the same thoughts as MrFURB about the dificulty of travle, then i had the same idea about a level system for the farther out you go the harder the AI. this would protect new players while giving a challange to the more \"advanced/daring\" players.

schema

Cat God
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    I\'m in optimizing and bug fixing mode right now, so unfortunately, new features and extras have to wait a bit. The AI will be made stronger. I held up on AI because I first want to implement a simulation layer, so that enemies don\'t just spawn randomly, but can move themselves even if the sectors they are in have not been loaded.

I will improve the AI itself soon, but MrFURB mentioned correctly, making it more potent could introduce difficulties.

I will probably design the system anyway in a way where the capabilities of the ships could be adjusted by the server admin (use 1% to 100% of speed, weapons, etc). This way it would be also easier to make the AI more stronger individually (depending on the location for example)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Currently Me and my friend are trying to populate a space station but we always get attacked by about 10 pirates at once and we get badly damaged... Eventually we had no resources left as they keep attacking every 10 minutes. We have already cleared out some Pirate Bases but me and my friend don\'t know to fully destroy them as the base cores are invisible.

Also, we have found that the current \"In stock\" system does not work well as new members can\'t buy more hull as the earlier \"More advanced\" members bought all the hull.So if there would be some kind of regeneration of resources or individual shops that if you buy something it does not affect others when they buy something.

Another key thing is that making AI turrets is very hard due to the fact that there are not many Sources of information telling you how to make them. I have already tried to produce one but Its too difficult... so I thought that implementing already build AI turrets that all you\'ll need to do is place them onto the Turret deck...

However the game is really good and very addictive, I would make my server public to our community to advertise the game as its a massive sandbox game that really has the feel of \"Minecraft\" and a \"Space first person shooter\", the game is really good in the random generation and needs a 4.2 stars out of 5... I do understand that the game is in its early development and still needs lots to improve upon. Thanks for reading,
    Aleks.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    THis game is GREAT! I have been playing for a week and the one thing that kinda sticks out is the fact that you mine away the Pirate\'s turrets- all you half to do is fly into the center of the base and blow a hole behind the turret and take out its weapon\'s computer; I don\'t know if this intentional or not, but it seems a little simple to destroy the Pirate bases.

I would like to say the crafting is sooooooo confusing! you should work on a book thatv holds all the crafting recipe in it. (no Pressure)
    I am so stoked about this game and I can\'t wait for future updates!

Sincerely,

Dr_Redd