End of CIR Term 1

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    No, it's just that having to edit how the thrusters work in all axes is just tiring. Not to mention the fact when you increase the thrust power towards one axis, the other axes become slower. You are trading thruster power and that doesn't help me at all. My biggest ship is 453 meters long, annd it turned fine without the thruster overhaul.
    But you can also just not touch the thruster settings at all and it'll act exactly like it did before... It's just optional for those that want more control, it didn't remove anything.

If you want more thrust in all directions just add more thrusters to your ship, that's how it has always been...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Yeah. I do like the new system (Wait, how is editing thrusters tiring? It's literally one of the simplest UIs in the game) but I feel there just isn't quite enough thrust to work with. :|
    That is exactly how I feel

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    But you can also just not touch the thruster settings at all and it'll act exactly like it did before... It's just optional for those that want more control, it didn't remove anything.

If you want more thrust in all directions just add more thrusters to your ship, that's how it has always been...
    The only thing to dislike about the new thrust system is that you can't change how fast the ship slows down (as far as I know...). Sure, I can move my medium-sized salvager 350m/s, but it'll take me 3 years to slow down by holding Shift and I'll end up crashing into whatever I was flying towards, or dart straight passed it. I'd like that to be something they think about more in the future.

Besides that aspect, I love the new thrust mechanics.

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    The only thing to dislike about the new thrust system is that you can't change how fast the ship slows down (as far as I know...). Sure, I can move my medium-sized salvager 350m/s, but it'll take me 3 years to slow down by holding Shift and I'll end up crashing into whatever I was flying towards, or dart straight passed it. I'd like that to be something they think about more in the future.

o_O that's probably not intended behavior, sounds more like a bug or oversight to me.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just turn the ship around and thrust in the opposite direction?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just turn the ship around and thrust in the opposite direction?
    With rotational thrust set to 80%, by the time the ship turns 180 degrees I'll have passed whatever I was aiming to stop near. ._.

Even then, I still have to slow down from 300m/s by holding W to actually start thrusting forward, which slows me down no faster than holding Shift.

-----------------------------------------
    EDIT: I made a short video showcasing my issue with the new thrust mechanics (if it's not too off-topic).
    If the video needs explaining; the amount of time it takes to slow down from that speed is just painfully slow. In the video, I held Shift as soon as the shop started rendering, and it still wasn't enough to slow me down quick enough. If I had been going directly towards the shop, I would've crashed into it.

This has been a bit of an annoyance, especially when coming back from mining sessions and then accidentally punching my friend's WIP cruiser off into the abyss.

And this is the ship I used. The outer 2 layers are made entirely of thrusters.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!

Glad im not the only one who noticed that. Shift is completely useless, and currently ive stripped my heavy frigate of all but enough engines to allow it to go 25ms because of the incredibly slow...rate of slowing down. D;