Emperius Resurgence

Reaction score
    i did some testing, Bobby AIs seems to only notice enemies closer than 1000m :(
    Really like your cruiser (have i mentioned that i like Babylon 5 ships? :D) and i definitely going to do something similar with recessed guided missile turrets :cool:
    I look forward to seeing your work, if you can figure out how to make larger turrets work it will be something I am sure we will all be interested in.

Reaction score
    During some testing with my new battle ship I discovered a weakness in my internal turret concept I hadn't thought of before. My whole idea is focused on the turrets using the main ships shields for protection, and therefore not needing their own thus allowing an economy of volume/mass per equivalent dps. However, while this is true for most weapons missiles still penetrate damage wise, meaning that unless they are deeply inbeded in a large hull, any missile strike in their vicinity will wipe the turret out, unless you put heavily shielded turrets in which is a contradiction to the concept. I will attempt to mitigate with armor strips over the weak areas that stand off the hull a bit so that the radius is larger (not sure the correct term). As always I will keep new developments posted.

Reaction score
    The armor was effective except when explosive effect is used (or a genuinely huge missile array such that unlikely to see). In especially large ships this wouldn't be an issue either, but I primarily deal with medium sized vessels.

Reaction score
    I have been away from the game a while, but this weekend I nearly finished my battleship. I still want to do some to the armor and there is room internally for around another .5mil shields (got lazy filling all the small spaces), but it is looking good enough, and performing well enough to take to a server, so I thought I would show it off.

Rapid fire Quad Ion Cannon Does insane damage to shields for the ship size (12,790 per group)

Rapid Fire Explosive missiles for after the shields are down

Anti drone defense
    I also have one small damage beam for giggles
    Its got 15 torpedo turrets as my trademark, but as yet no other turrets. It is meant as a pure battle ship so there are no fighters etc. but there is one landing zone in the back for shuttle access to the bridge.

17125.2 mass
    2.3 mil shields with 21K recharge

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Been busy, updated all my ships, finished the battle ship, and made a variant drop ship using the battleship chasis. I will post the details to the catalog later. Until then here is a couple pics of the drop ship. It holds 2 albatross, 2 condors, and 3 phoenixes

I will update the main turret later as well.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Fixed my catalog, I had to reduce to excess pictures, which is fine since most are in the body of this blog any how. I also did an interesting test between Eris and the Drop ship variant to see the comparable combat effectiveness given the close size. There was no contest. Eris's torpedoes took out the corvettes and fighters before they even got a shot in, and the two albatross frigates surprisingly could not out maneuver Eris despite it being 20x their size. Of course the DS itself took a bit to beat down, but with only flack turrets its damage to Eris was nil.