Electronic Warfare Update.

• Thread starter Deleted member 148787
    • Start date

Should Electronic Warfare be a thing in Starmade?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
    • No

Votes: 3 25.0%
    • Not like this

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
    D

Deleted member 148787

Firewall HP: The lower your firewall health the more severe the virus's affect is on you. %based

EW-A CPU(Used to Target hostile ships and inflict harmful effects And damage firewalls)
    EW-A Module(Increases the Firewall damage output of the Linked CPU)

EW-D CPU(Active Increases Firewall Regeneration at the cost of power)
    EW-D Module(Provides Increased Firewall strength and Passive regeneration)

EW-S CPU(Used to target Friendly ships with support abilitys)
    EW-S Module(increases strength of support Abilitys)

Secondary Effects:
    Cannon: Decreases Range, increases upload rate.
    Beam: Increases Range, Decreases upload rate.
    Missile: Causes Effect to take place in an AOE Around your target, But with significantly less effectiveness.
    Pulse: Causes effect to take place in an AOE Around yourself, with Mild effectiveness.

Territary Effects(The Good Stuff):
    EMP Effect: A( Reduces power generation of Target ship) S(increases power generation of target ship) D(Resistance to the offensive effect)
    Ion Effect: A(Reduces Maximum Shield capacity of target ship) S(Increases maximum shield capacity of target ship) D(Resistance to the offensive effect)
    Push Effect: A(N/A) S(Increases target ship acceleration) D(N/A)
    Pull Effect: A(Reduces Target ships acceleration) S(N/A) D(Resistance to offensive effect)
    Stop Effect: A(Reduces Targetship Maximum Speed) S(N/A) D(Resistance to offensive effect)
    OverDrive Efect: A(N/A) S(Increases Target Ship Maximum Speed) D(N/A)
    Pirecing Effect: A(Reduces Weapon damage) S(Increases Weapon damage) D(Resistance to offensive effect)
    Punch Through Effect: A(Reduces weapon Fire rate) S(Increases weapon fire rate) D(Resistance to offensive effect)
    Explosive Effect: A(Reduces Missile Lockon/Tracking Speed) (S Increases Missile Lockon/Tracking speed) D(Resistance to offensive effect)
    EW-D CPU: A(N/A) S(Increases Firewall Regeneration rate of target ship) D(N/A)

Example Ewar CPU Setups.

EW-S + Pulse+ EW-D= Increased Firewall Generation for everyone near you.

EW-A+Beam+Stop= Something you can use to chase someone or escape.

G

GDPR 302420

So basicly space hacking?

I am a firm believer in EWAR in StarMade but I do not think it should work like you are describing.

Imho EWAR should work more like actual navy/airforce EWAR

Space hacking the way you describe just does not make sense, I don't see why ships would be connected to some kind of wireless network that would allow data transfer.

Something I personaly would like to see would go more along the lines of signal amplifacation/jamming.

E.G

• Screwing with a targets information warfare capabilities (scaners, the radar ball on the HUD or the navigation menu radar)
    • Screwing with a targets ability to see certain information about other ships (the display that shows stats on selected ships, the ability to see what faction ships are apart off, shutting down the radar diamond blips on the HUD, seeing which player/faction killed your astronaut)
    • Buffing yours and teammates sensors (can see radar blips father, easier to "detect" cloaked/jammed ships etc)
    • Screwing with enemy defences (shutting down Point defence, defensive passives etc)
    • Screwing with enemies AI (shutting it down, making it attack allies or simply not preforming as well)
    • Hiding yourself from the "Neutral has entered your territory notifacation"
    • Hiding yourself from scan history
    • Hiding yourself enemy HUD

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So basicly space hacking?

I am a firm believer in EWAR in StarMade but I do not think it should work like you are describing.

Imho EWAR should work more like actual navy/airforce EWAR

Space hacking the way you describe just does not make sense, I don't see why ships would be connected to some kind of wireless network that would allow data transfer.

Something I personaly would like to see would go more along the lines of signal amplifacation/jamming.

E.G

• Screwing with a targets information warfare capabilities (scaners, the radar ball on the HUD or the navigation menu radar)
    • Screwing with a targets ability to see certain information about other ships (the display that shows stats on selected ships, the ability to see what faction ships are apart off, shutting down the radar diamond blips on the HUD, seeing which player/faction killed your astronaut)
    • Buffing yours and teammates sensors (can see radar blips father, easier to "detect" cloaked/jammed ships etc)
    • Screwing with enemy defences (shutting down Point defence, defensive passives etc)
    • Screwing with enemies AI (shutting it down, making it attack allies or simply not preforming as well)
    • Hiding yourself from the "Neutral has entered your territory notifacation"
    • Hiding yourself from scan history
    • Hiding yourself enemy HUD
    im finding one problem with this... what is to prevent people from just spamming this on every ship... and what costs are there to these? more power? easier to detect if using? how do we counteract this so its more "Fair" (if i am allowed to use that term)?

G

GDPR 302420

im finding one problem with this... what is to prevent people from just spamming this on every ship... and what costs are there to these? more power? easier to detect if using? how do we counteract this so its more "Fair" (if i am allowed to use that term)?
    Ideally, EWAR ships would need a lot of resource investment (such as power capacity and recharge) to be viable, some of the more deadly EWAR such as shutting down systems or HUD would require the ship to be dedicated to the purpose similar to how cloaking modules require a ship to be built for purpose now.

Some of the stealth EWAR and more defensive ewar would could be on normal ships but it would have costs involve to prevent it from being spammed.

Of course, on the other end EWAR can be defensive to resist offensive EWAR.

When I listed those examples, I was more throwing ideas out there then actually suggesting, if I was doing that I would be making another post.

Reaction score
    i dont really thinkg this particular idea fits sm although i think its interesting. game would be way cooler with more ew elements =D

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    I honestly think that E-war should be implemented in a way that affects battles but can't win them, I'm a way where ships can do significant enough damage while not epbeing able to stand for themselves

But not this way

Reaction score
    To me, the idea of "hacking" an enemy ship seems a bit silly. EW ought to work more like real-life EW, expanding on the sensor/jammer dynamic to give a broader battle of detection and weapons lock. Basically what RedAlert is saying up there. The better your sensors versus enemy jammers, the more useful info you should get. The better your jammers, the more you screw with what the enemy can know about you.
    One thing that wasn't mentioned would be integrating flares, chaff, or possibly other decoy systems into the broader mechanic too - flares being useful against heatseeker missiles and chaff against lock-ons.
    I really like the idea of being able to make dedicated wild-weasel EW ships to throw into fleet engagements.

Last edited:
    Reactions: rocketman221
    Reaction score
    Chambers